Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA Cup Final *the countdown has begun*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

jank wrote:

It will be some game and I hope that it will be played in the right spirit by the TWO sides!!

Yeah Right. Arsenal win the toss eh, no surprises there. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭alfie

jank wrote:

I just Please god that Henry is fit for this match, reports are negative but then again Wenger has been a sly fox more then once when it came to the fitness of Henry.

QUOTE]

Yeah i seem to remeber wenger sayin henry would not be fit for the liverpool game last season at highbury due to a calf injury and what happened - well didnt he score a hatrick?? :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Yeah Right. Arsenal win the toss eh, no surprises there

Bit paranoid are ya? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

it's funny, ever since sky started the whole hocus pocus thing on the lucky dressing room, it seems to be unlucky! as soon as they started all the superstitious stuff and brought it to everyone's attention, the unlucky room has one. (same with the whole lucky hotel thing)

anyway, a loss for either will be a disastrous season. imo arsenal have got off lightly in the press and it's utd that have been slammed for under-performing. a win for utd would shift the critics to arsenal which would be gladly welcomed.

a loss for utd and i can only imagine the papers about fergie should be sacked, he's lost it etc... ive a feeling it'll go to peno's. i hope so anyway, its the best way to win a cup final imo and the worst way to lose. i'll go with 1-1 and utd to win 4-3 on peno's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Smemon I hate penalties.

I hope it is a fast, ferocious and intense game with lots of attacking football and flying challenges kind of like the last arse v man u game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

jank wrote:
    Bit paranoid are ya? :p

Did that one go over your head ? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭elbow316

smemon wrote:
    imo arsenal have got off lightly in the press and it's utd that have been slammed for under-performing.

Well.......1) Arsenal didn't spend nearly 30 million on one player last summer, that kinda sets you up for criticism if it doesn't pay instant rewards

2) Arsenal's team this season has been MUCH younger than Uniteds. Especially when you look at United's midfield with people like Keane, Scholes, Giggs, theres no excuses for under-performing. Wheras Arsenal have had youngsters like Fabregas and Flamini in the centre of midfield for important games this season.

3) United were soundly beaten by Milan over the two legs in their CL clash. While Arsenal were knocked out at the same stage, we actually managed to beat Munich at home and our loss over there was more due to individual mistakes.

I'm not one of these people who is predicting United are on some kind of a slippery slope but they are going to have a job on their hands with their midfield rebuild.

Heinze has been an excellent signing but most of the other recent acquisitions have been poor.

Perhaps its just a case that the "fear" factor the press had with Ferguson has finally worn off, in a smiliar style to the way it seems to be happening with the United players themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Keano_sli

On the plus side its nice to have an FA Cup final where both teams can potentially win instead of the one-sided finals we've seen recently. That aside I think United will win this one, the only plus to the season has been Arsenals inability to live with United in "highly competitive" games. With Gilberto back Arsenal should be better able to compete but without Henry and with Rooney looking to win his first trophy expect a virtuoso performance from the pug faced one!

Word is that Henry will be back for this one, as well as Heinze on United's side. So, theres actually a chance of a full strength 11 v 11 clash, which has me drooling here just thinking about it tbh :p

There is a growing rivalry between the clubs, its definitely not good-spirited but this all adds up to a fantastic spectacle. Sky have my full permission to overwhelm us with hype for the next 4 weeks :)

As long as we beat the mancs, it'll be great ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Advertisement

imo arsenal have got off lightly in the press and it's utd that have been slammed for under-performing. a win for utd would shift the critics to arsenal which would be gladly welcomed.

Well if arsenal win their last 4 league games it will be the highest EVER points position for a 2nd placed team and it would have been more than enough to win the league in all but 2 occasions. Chelsea are just too damm good!

And i think they only have to win 3 to get that record (2nd still sucks though).

As for UTD well again they have spent big but have faultered again.
    Didnt i mention somewhere that Arsenal have spent as much as Spurs, coupled with their recent return to form...well maybe that answers your question why the press arent so negative recently towards Arsenal.

I still remember the summer of 2003 where the tabloids ran almost daily "crisis reports" stating that Arsenal were going to have to sell most of their players to build the stadium and then they would have to settle for 10 years of obscurity in mid table because of it. The reality was sooooo different. The press are fickle, hero one day villian the back to hero. Utd of all clubs should know that.

Arsenal win the toss eh, no surprises there

Well if you mean toss = ****!
    I thought you could have done alot better than that muppet, especially with such thoroughbreds in the Utd team, they would easily win in that category :p

jank wrote:
    Didnt i mention somewhere that Arsenal have spent as much as Spurs,

Spurs have actually spent quite a bit more than Arsenal over recent years :eek:
    jank wrote:
    Chelsea are just too damm good!

I think thats flattering them a bit - there points total is obviously very impressive, this being due to their consistency - their defense being solid throughout basically.
    Especially in the first half of the season, a lot of the "smaller" teams in the league weren't sure how to play effectively against Chelski and they were quite lucky in that regard. Its only recently that Chelski are getting teams coming out and defending deep against them, like most sides do against Arsenal/United.
    Of course with their financial situation, they can just bring in some quality players in the summer and change their style of play again :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Last time United lost to Arsenal?
    We're gona win :)

You mean in terms of league position or........? ;)

Charity Shield

Advertisement