Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 questions, deleting all mods and brightness adjust

• 26-04-2005 5:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

hey,

I want to delete all mods and extra maps, how do I do that?

look at this, I downloaded this stupid mod and it screwed up my interface
    http://img121.echo.cx/img121/5830/untitled0ly.jpg

and another question

for example when I'm playing a game and msn or anything else pops up, my COD 's brightness goes waay down(as you see from the screenshot above)
    I have to go to options->graphics and move the lever(which is indicating that brightness is up) a bit and it jumps up again to the brightness it was set on by me, is there a way around this? to make it always bright? tried gamma panel but it just doesn't work :( had absolutely no effect.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

CyberGhost wrote:
    hey,

I want to delete all mods and extra maps, how do I do that?

i had a similar problem a while back, i went into the cod folder and deleted everything in the Mods folder which didnt fix the problem. i ended up doing a full re-install.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Looks like you are going to have to uninstall and reinstall if you want all the mods to go away... :( I don't know any other way of doing it thouroughly.

But before you uninstall the game, do save your "Save" folder (for the Single Player save points otherwise you'll have to start the game again from scratch) and your "config" files (the files are called "config.cfg" and "config_mp.cfg") which hold all your Single Player and Multiplayer settings! These are located in your "Main" folder: C:\Program Files\Call of Duty\Main
    Then after the reinstall, copy and paste your config files back in to your Main folder and voilà! :D

To solve the MSN problem, either disable all pop-up notifications in MSN -or- play in "Window Mode" (for lack of a better description) instead of Full Screen -or- use Game Minimizer (this might solve the problem) -or- get the latest driver for your Graphics Card (hopefully the manufacturer of your Graphics Card is aware of this bug and released a new driver to solve the problem).

I personally play in "Window Mode" (i.e. not Full Screen). Just set the resolution to match the resolution of your Operating System. The game window will then take up the whole screen even though you'll still have the "window bar" at the top... But at least you'll be able to do stuff whilst playing CoD (Alt+Tab to navigate between windows as you probably already know) and the MSN bug will be fixed! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

kinkstr, tried that :) almost screwed up cod

lol Steffano, is there anything you don't know about COD?

btw are favorites stored in "save" folder too?

I can't use Window mode, it feels kinda awkward, so I will use Game Minimizer.

I'll try changing drivers though(currently have Omega)

about mods: I'm too lazy to reinstall the whole thing, so I'll prolly leave them as they are.

Merci pour aide! ;)

CyberGhost wrote:
    kinkstr, tried that :) almost screwed up cod

lol Steffano, is there anything you don't know about COD?

btw are favorites stored in "save" folder too?

I can't use Window mode, it feels kinda awkward, so I will use Game Minimizer.

I'll try changing drivers though(currently have Omega)

about mods: I'm too lazy to reinstall the whole thing, so I'll prolly leave them as they are.

Merci pour aide! ;)
    Hi CyberGhost!

There's loads I don't know unfortunately... :( But I'm getting there! ;)

I believe the favorites are saved in a file called "servercache.dat" which is located in the Call of Duty folder (C:\Program Files\Call of Duty). For UO the file is called "uoservercache.dat". If you save these files before uninstalling and put them back in after reinstalling, you *should* still have all your favorites (I never tried it before as I use ASE to find servers).

Let me know if Game Minimizer solves the problem! ;)

Happy CoDing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

hey Steffano,

Thanks! saved cache too :)
    (actually now I switched to "the all-seeing eye", which is awesome and has export function so no need to rememeber favorites ;))

nope the minimizer didn't work :(

I reinstalled my video card drivers(went with the originals) and they don't do it(actually they do it but the brightness only changes a bit(goes up a bit high) so it's definately the driver's problem, I'll will have to look into Omega's options or send the guy an email because there must be a way to adjust it.(I will still keep Omega cause they give much better results then the original drivers)

Happy CoDing! ;)
    kar98.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I saw brightness problems with my ATI card also on my other PC its only an ATI 9200. But the brightness kept going mad. I replaced it with a Gforce 4 and the problem went away.

Id say a reinstall is the way to go with removing mods!

I got an ATI 9500 Pro Hercules and I've never had any problems with CoD... Sorry to hear about your troubles :(

Advertisement