Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ML Training players

Options
  • 26-04-2005 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭

what's the deal with training players in the master league? I haven't got anyone to advance that much... and the between-seasons training thing is weird. Do you seriously have to complete every challenge with every player every week??? I got so sick of doing that that i left my ML game alone and just play exhibition once in a while, now.

Are there any strategies involved in training players? Some people here said they get their young players to double all their skills in no time... :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I think the training only works just at the end of the season?
    Matches are the only way to build up skill levels during the season?
    Or am I totally wrong?
    I've never really bothered with training myself... to boring.
    I just buy new players who are good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The training at the end of the season is pretty unreasonable. From what I can see you do have to go through every player for each drill. Takes ages, so I might do it once and then not bother again.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

There's no point really, it's boring as ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

You don't have to do the training with every player, just the one you want to get better but it's still not too much of a reward in the end. It's pretty difficult to get anything remotely worthwhile out of it unless you've got a young player whose advancing his levels in matches anyway, and even then it's only really worth it if you really want that player to be good.
    I only do it with Robinho and Martins.
    If you want your ML team to really work, buy a lot of young players, younger then 20. People like Martins, Rooney, Christina Ronaldo, V.Persie, etc, etc. Eventually, after a season or two, they'll get much better and then you can sell some on for a profit, and buy reborn players or young ones and repeat, repeat, repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

I find their ratings go up much more if ya give them a run in any of the WEFA cup games more so than in a ML game. Is there anyway tho to keep your established players rating up? Cos have ya noticed how the Ronaldinho's Henry's and Owen's rating decline over a few years but the younger players dont mature fast enough to counteract this?? Granted Martins might be fast but his touch and finishing are SHI*TE!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

I use Martins as a wing forward, as long as he's capable of putting them in the box he does his job :D
    Players get older, there stats go down. Not much you can do about it but as far as I'm aware so do the computers players, so it evens things out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I've just searched this forum for Maradona and got no results. What is up with that? I signed Maradona on a cheap enough wage and he's bloody superb. He's only 18 aswell and nobody else would sign.

Martins is a superb crosser. I just stick him up in the corner and he does the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

what is maradona's name in pes4 i dont remember seeing him in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Marabona I believe....
    I got all the legends for nowt and traded them for the pplayers I want.
    My ML Liverpool team additions are chivu, samuel, van der vaart, joaquin and adriano.... animal team...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,095 ✭✭✭mada999

yeah marabona is deadly..

martins is ok...

I bought zola stoickov they were great but then they seemed to get dodgy :confused:
    But I scored with zola with a corner kick!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

eirebhoy wrote:
    I've just searched this forum for Maradona and got no results. What is up with that? I signed Maradona on a cheap enough wage and he's bloody superb. He's only 18 aswell and nobody else would sign.

I got him too , what a player , goes by people like they're not even there and the amount of times he's cracked a 25 yarder into the top corner when nothing seemed to be going right and a draw looked ominous .

Advertisement