Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping Cart In ASP.NET

Options
  • 26-04-2005 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

hey guys,

im just wondering if ye can help. im trying to design a shopping cart in asp.net. im using a datagrid as the cart and what i want to do is when i click on a button on a page, the details from that item will go into the datagrid.

i'm trying to pass in parameters and am using a session aswell!

my head is just all over the place and any advice ot help would be greatly appreciated

thanks again!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

I found this extrememly useful when building a shopping cart in ASP.NET
    http://www.ibuyspy.com/CommerceStarterKit/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Just off the top of my head. Create a table for temprary shoppers and a table for temporary cart items. When a session starts add the visitor to this table retrieving the new id and then when they add an item to their cart add it to the items table with the temporary id.
    When the session ends delete the temporary user and any items for that user from the item table. If they checkout you will be getting the user to either login or register and then moving the items in the cart to a purchased items table with their new permanent id.
    The grid can be refreshed whenever needed to show the items in the temporary items table.

Advertisement