Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A quick Kerio/Azerus question

• 26-04-2005 8:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

I'm a BT amateur, have Azerus and Kerio installed. The torrents will only go from yellow to green when Kerio is disabled, yet I can't for the life figure how to 'port forward' in Kerio, or whatever it is I need to do. Can someone please explain in how to configure Kerio to let torrents go green?

Many thanks! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Don't think Kerio lets you forward ports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Don't think Kerio lets you forward ports.
    Ok, thanks. Is forwarding ports actually what I need to do? If it is, does Zone Alarm let you forward ports?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

very strange. I use azureus and kerio. You just have to forward ports on your router. As with Kerio you don't have to foward any ports. Just give permission for Azureus\Java to connect to the internet. Thats it.

Well I'm using NTL connected directly to the modem via Ethernet, no router involved. Does the modem need to be set up to forward the ports? I have no idea how to do this. I presume i gave Azereus permission to connect to the net, cos I get yellow torrents with Kerio on.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

You may have blocked azerus by accident in kerio
    I'm on ntl aswell and have kerio and bt downloading two torrents at green status(using shad0ws experimental) as my client,
    how about you try that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

no software firewall "forwards" ports. Software firewalls only either open or close ports. You just have to make sure that you didn't set kerio to block bittorrent.

Aha, got it sorted. I couldn't spot Azereus in the Kerio applications list, but I spotted that Kerio was blocking incoming requests to Java. I wouldn't have sussed it only Gideon mentioned to check for Java as well as Azereus. Thanks guys for the help!

Robbie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 CaptainSparrow

I'm a bit late but just in case anyone has a problem with Azureus and Zone Alarm this is why...

The Zone Labs firewall products Zone Alarm 5.0, Zone Alarm Pro 5.0, and Zone Alarm Security Suite 5.0 are not compatible with Azureus due to an issue with their TCP filter.

So don't use Zone Alarm.

You can read it all here !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭Stone

Sure you can open ports in Kerio - it's done (and called) Packet Filters ... please see this documentation: http://www.kerio.com/manual/kpf/en/ch06s09.html

On a personal note: I find Kerio much better that Zone Alarm anyway because ZA's behaviour is sometimes quite obnoxious. And Kerio together with AVG antivirus gives you a well performing package that is also 100% free :D

//Stone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Yeah and incompatible with ut2k4.
    No probs with ZA and azureus

• Advertisement
Advertisement