Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Relegation Thread

• 26-04-2005 8:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure how many on here are effected by the relegation battle but I reckon it deserves a thread. Plus it's pretty much the only thing us Liverpool fans can look down on, domestically, of late.

Looks like its hotting up at the minute West Brom are winning at Blackburn, If it stays like that they go two points clear of the bottom three and the tabe will look like this.

16 Fulham_______________34 9 8 17 40 56 -16 35
    17 West Bromwich Albion__35 6 14 15 32 57 -24 32
    18 Crystal Palace_________35 7 9 19 37 58 -21 30
    19 Norwich City__________35 6 12 17 38 67 -29 30
    20 Southampton_________35 5 13 17 38 59 -21 28

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Stekelly wrote:
    Not sure how many on here are effected by the relegation battle but I reckon it deserves a thread. Plus it's pretty much the only thing us Liverpool fans can look down on, domestically, of late.

Looks like its hotting up at the minute West Brom are winning at Blackburn, If it stays like that they go two points clear of the bottom three and the tabe will look like this.

16 Fulham______________34 9 8 17 40 56 -16 35
    17 West Bromwich Albion__35 6 14 15 32 57 -24 32
    18 Norwich City_________35 6 12 17 38 67 -29 30
    19 Crystal Palace________35 7 9 19 37 58 -21 30
    20 Southampton_________35 5 13 17 38 59 -21 28

i want Southampton to stay up
    and want Fulham to drop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Can't see Southampton making up 7 points on Fulham tbh. Seriously doubt southampton will win their last three games anyway, never mind Fulham not winning any one of theirs. Southampton are in serious trouble if West Brom win, going to be very difficult for them to make up 2 points on Palace and Norwich, nver mind 4 on West Brom in 3 games. Only thing going for them is that they have a slightly better goal difference than West Brom and Norwich.

Stekelly wrote:
    Can't see Southampton making up 7 points on Fulham tbh. Seriously doubt southampton will win their last three games anyway, never mind Fulham not winning any one of theirs. Southampton are in serious trouble if West Brom win, going to be very difficult for them to make up 2 points on Palace and Norwich, nver mind 4 on West Brom in 3 games. Only thing going for them is that they have a slightly better goal difference than West Brom and Norwich.
    southampton next matches if i remember right are west brom ,palace and man utd

they have to win the first 2 any way

southampton next matches if i remember right are west brom ,palace and man utd

they have to win the first 2 any way

They have to or else they're gone (barring a pity 3 points from UTD)

Robson has done a brilliant job at west brom

• Advertisement

Good News for Southampton, Emerton levels. West Brom 1-1 Blackburn

Finished 1-1.

League looks like this with 3 games left for everyone.

16_Fulham_____________34 9 8 17 40 56 -16 35
    17_Crystal Palace ______35 7 9 19 37 58 -21 30
    18_West Bromwich Albion 35 5 15 15 33 58 -25 30
    19_Norwich City________35 6 12 17 38 67 -29 30
    20_Southampton_______35 5 13 17 38 59 -21 28

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Palace have one more match left in Selhurst Park this season. They'll be really up for it and unfortunately for Soton they're the team that has to go there. If Palace win that it means Soton have 5 points to make up with 2 matches.

Palace to stay up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Im going to go for Southampton to stay up.

There 3 games left are all definately winable. Including United on the last day as United will have one eye on the FA cup final, will probably have nothing to play for, and also have a poor record away at Southampon (all be it in The Dell). If Southampton need a win their I definately think they can get it.

A win at home to Norwich followed by a point at Palace should do it for them then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

West Brom have a nasty last 3 games though, Home to ManU, Away to Arsenal, Home to Portsmouth.
    They need at the very very least 4 points from those 3 games to have a good chance of staying up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

we're gonna stay up, we have the better run in and took an un-biased view. Soton are gonna drop. Saturday is gonna be massive for both clubs and I'll be happy to come away with a draw, knowing that they have Palace the week after which will be massive for both of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Norwich to stay up for me too.

Altough Id love to see fulham lose all four of their games and go down and have Palace stay up also

Fulham are definitely not safe although I would prefer them to be safe by the time we play them making it a less tense affair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

got fulham @ 25/1 to go down, please god please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Want Southampton to stay up.....love listening to harry....one of the few people that are mental left in PL......also he aint a bad manager!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I'd pick Palace on current form to stay up, although history says you can never ever write off the Saints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Grimlock

I think west brom, despite their recent resurgence, are fooked! Arsenal then Man Utd... they'll get very few points their.

Anything less than a win for Southampton against Norwich on Sat will be no good, a draw really suits neither team.

I think Palace will be the ones to escape but there are still a number of other teams that are technically not out of the relegation struggle ( Newcastle, Portsmouth and Fulham) but realistically that would require two of the others to put together a string of wins and tbh if they could do that then they would not be down there in the first place.

I think it'll finish West Brom(20th) Southampton(19th) and then Norwich (18th) with palace surviving.
    But i'd like to seeHarry's team pull through.

Norwich are the top form team from the 4 with 3 wins and a draw in the last 4 games. I know form counts for nothing but we have to get at the teams from the starting whistle and attack. Something which we've done in the last 4 games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

It must be sickening for Norwich who have taken 10 from last 12 points that they are still 2nd bottom. That said, their confidence must be fairly sky high. If they go, they will rue the 2 points dropped against palace 2 weeks ago.

I would love to see Fulham go, but they wont. On the other hand, they are about the easiest Premiership club in London to get tickets for, so maybe them staying up isnt a bad thing.

I would laugh forever if Newcastle went, but again, they wont. Ditto Portsmouth. Mandaric is a jerk of the highest order.

Of the bottom four, I think Palace will shade it. The 3 points they WILL get of Southampton will save them.

Advertisement