Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Board title

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Lorcan26

yea why not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭aliveandkicking

How about Transport / Infrastructure as there generally seems to be a lot of threads about general infrastructure rather than just transport / commuting. Commuting falls in under transport anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I think Commuting makes people aware of what issues are covered here. Issues pertaining to driving tend to share space between here and Motors, but remove the word Commuting, and some unsuspecting cyclist is going to start a thread on cycling to work in the Motors forum, and there'll be bloodshed! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Transport/Commuting gets my vote its kinda more inclusive that way round. since Commuting is a subset of transport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Public Transport?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

DMC wrote:
    Public Transport?

No, that would exclude car, cycle, walking related transport topics.

I don't see any big confusion with the way it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭enterprise

How about just plain old "Transport". Therefore it covers all aspects and shouldn't lead to any confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭weehamster

What confusion? It is fine as it is. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭SeanW

"Transport" works fine for me, as does the current "Commuting / Transport"

How about a poll? Victor puts up all the suggestions made and we vote on them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

You must fear change, a bit like the unions. Leave it as it is.

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

MrPudding wrote:
    You must fear change, a bit like the unions. Leave it as it is.

LOL :D
    Enterprise wrote:
    How about a poll? Victor puts up all the suggestions made and we vote on them?

Excellent plan - I second.

LOL :D

Excellent plan - I second.

The suggestion was from Enterprise not me.

MrP

Are ya trying to steal my thunder Mr. Pudding!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

weehamster wrote:
    What confusion? It is fine as it is. :)
    exactly, it it isnt broken, dont try to fix it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Well, it might make some sense to split between ground transport and air and sea transport. Another idea would be to split between the DTO area (Dublin Counties plus surrounding counties) and the rest of the country.

Well, it might make some sense to split between ground transport and air and sea transport. Another idea would be to split between the DTO area (Dublin Counties plus surrounding counties) and the rest of the country.

Would there be enough traffic (pardon the pun) on these extra boards to actually warrant their creation?

MrP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I don't know. I'm just suggesting that that might be a better way of dividing it, rather than dividing between infrastructure and commuting (which is more-or-less a division between strategic and operational issues). I can't see much point in splitting it that way, it would be impossible to police the division and difficult for people to figure out where to post.

Advertisement