Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sandymount?

• 26-04-2005 9:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Just trying to remember what Dart station you get off to go on the really big beach, that stretches out for ages? Going to fly a kite there tomorrow :) Does anyone know how windy the beach usually is? Or if the tide stays out far enough all the time?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

Cianos wrote:
    Going to fly a kite there tomorrow :) Does anyone know how windy the beach usually is?

Depends on the weather...... ;)
    Or if the tide stays out far enough all the time?

Depends on the tide forecast..... ;)

http://www.met.ie/

When the tide is out, its WAY out - but there are boggy spots around and because there is nearly no gradient, it comes in pretty quick too....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

dun laoighaoire pier or howth is as nice as sandymount if it's a nice day, and less of the seaweedy smell! nice shopping centre and cinema in dun laoighaoire aswell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

We have to go fly a kite though :o .
    I checked the tide forecast and it says tide is high at 2.30. Which is when we want to be there. Do you know how far the water comes in when it is at high tide? Have you ever seen the beach completely under water?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

the tide sometimes reaches the stones but there's normally a section of marshy beach you can walk on even if the tides fully in(the bit beside the old white baths i think!). there's normally a bit of a breeze so you should be okay for flying a kite, but watch out for the doggy doos btw(plenty of them)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Thanks v.much for your help:)

Is Sandymount dart station the best to get off at yeah? I will certainly watch out for the doos..heh heh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

I'd take the DART to Sydney Parade. Straight walk down the Avenue to the strand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

The tide was fully in yesterday at lunchtime. Sydney parade is the station.

Advertisement