Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Transferring from Video to DVD

• 26-04-2005 9:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭

Whats the best way to do this?

I have a load of videos and I want to transfer snippets from each to DVD before the Video fades and I lose the quality. I was thinking of a video/DVD recorder combi but I wouldn't mind doing a bit of basic editing so some sort of PC based system with editing software or the likes would also be an option.

I have been told that some of the PC based conversion software / hardware can be tempermental at the best of times and that the most hassle free route would be a DVD recorder and link it to my video recorder via scart. They only issue I'd have with this is that I would be able to do much on the diting side of things eventhough I'll only be doing some basic things with it.

VideOh Media Suite, as per the following link, was what someone told me they use with no hassles and that I can use the timeshift function on this to pause live TV just like Sky+ which would be a neat extra.

http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/product/proddetail.html?sess=no&language=English+US&prodkey=AVC-2310&cat=%2fTechnology%2fVideo%2fVideo

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Georgey

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Please do a search, there's been many threads on this. If you can't find your answer post back.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭Georgey Burgess

I did so before I posted. There are similar thread titles but I can't find anything on this particular forum that specifically answers my query.

However, it is late and I'm knackered so apologies if I've missed something.

Advertisement