Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Some nice sightings today

Options
  • 26-04-2005 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭

Two Ferraris, 2003 and 1986. (Couldn't tell you the models)
    The back of an Aston Martin DB9.
    Bentley Arnage.
    2 very nice Porsches, one classic, black with lots of chrome.
    A classic Jag.
    CL 500 and a CL 600.

:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Ah you must be on holiday on the Costa del Sol :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Ah you must be on holiday on the Costa del Sol :confused:

Costa del route of the 18 bus actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I seen a brand new silver Merc CLS 55 AMG saloon drive past me the other day. Didn't even now there was any of these in the country yet!

bazz26 wrote:
    I seen a brand new silver Merc CLS 55 AMG saloon drive past me the other day. Didn't even now there was any of these in the country yet!

Spotted one of those in maroon not too long ago. Lovely looking things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

qz wrote:
    I've seen two Merc CLS 55 AMG in Ireland, one in Castleknock about two months ago, brown I think. The second one was sliver, spotted it in Howth the other day. The weirdest thing I have seen lately, don't know if it's been mentioned before, is a stretch Hummer!! I was this monster in Drumcondra on the airport road. It was really, really long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I saw a blue Alpine GTA V6 Turbo on Sunday. English reg, something along the lines of "A1 PIN". This is a much rarer machine than Ferraris, AMG Mercs etc.

BrianD3

FX Meister wrote:
    The weirdest thing I have seen lately, don't know if it's been mentioned before, is a stretch Hummer!! I was this monster in Drumcondra on the airport road. It was really, really long.

Seen two of those, both black, one in town and the other in Blackrock.

Flippin rich Dub's :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Were all those CLS55 AMGs on Irish regs? Didn't know they were around yet. Have seen a few CLS500s alright

Brother in law is getting his CLS350 next month. Looking forward to take it for a spin :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Hash Boy

I saw a really flash BMW the other day:

2004_0221_160204AA.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭A$$A$$IN

Saw the new 6 series shaweeeet car :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

one of the stretch hummers is susposed to be gerry hutchs aka the monk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Nice (clamped) Nero Blue Ferrari 456GT on Leeson St, silver CLS55 AMG followed back from Limerick...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

unkel wrote:
    Were all those CLS55 AMGs on Irish regs? Didn't know they were around yet. Have seen a few CLS500s alright

Brother in law is getting his CLS350 next month. Looking forward to take it for a spin :)

Yes Unkel, the one that passed me was a 05 LK reg.

There is also a 05 L Bentley Continental GT going around these neck of the woods.

Anybody see Alfa Romeo GT's? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Anybody see Alfa Romeo GT's? :confused:

Everywhere, they're common as muck! ;-)

Saw a nice Rover P5B Coupé in Drug Leery - also much rarer nowadays than any Ferrari. I must say I'm fond of the 456, though. I would imagine owners of those were more than a bit peeved when the last Hyundai Coupé came out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭samo

Saw an aul fella in an 05 Maserati on the m50 roundabout near Liffey Valley a few weeks back. Have NEVER seen a Maserati before....has the maddest looking alloys ever!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Hash Boy wrote:

2004_0221_160204AA.jpg
    You did well seeing my old car the other day as it is down in Limerick and used purely for track/course use!
    However, wrt your sarcasm, the E30 is possibly one of the best BMWs around! I regret changing to the comfort of the E39 5 series!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Hummer Limos, common as muck in sunny Texas

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

nice lambourghini gallardo parked on Ely Place a fair bit, and quite a few 6 series.. nice merc SL (500?) always parked on Merrion Square north.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

6ix wrote:
    nice lambourghini gallardo parked on Ely Place a fair bit, and quite a few 6 series.. nice merc SL (500?) always parked on Merrion Square north.

Wow, wouldn't mind seeing a Gallardo in the flesh!!

I see that Black DB9 near Parkwest alot.
    Ducatti dublin regularly has masarattis parked outside.
    I know a guy with a BLack 05 Bently Cont. GT, v, v, v, nice
    Last autumn i was happily bombing along the curragh when i ended up behind a Maybach!!! Not the car i would like to rear end...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

qz wrote:

Sat in a maroon one at a dealers a couple of weeks ago(Moores Portarlington) while I was getting my yoke serviced ,first time I ever saw one up close.Was sold too 05D reg.
    I was almost afraid to sit in it,I'd say the leather came from hand reared cattle !
    Probably the most expensive car I'll ever sit in.Wasn't mad about the colour !!

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Hash Boy wrote:
    Well it was flash ... in 1989. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Without meaning to put a dampner on all the drooling (:D) in this thread, I regard most of the vehicles already mentioned as "rich men's toys" and as such they leave me cold. There's no rarity to most of these cars and any rich eejit can go out and buy a 05 one whenever he wants. Maybe I'm just funny but I'd prefer kbannon's (ex) car to a lot of the stuff mentioned.

And it's not as if I'm not interested in supercars. If I was ultra rich, I'd be looking to seek out a legendary classic like a Ferrari F40 or maybe even a McLaren F1 rather than a brand new 360/Bentley/DB9 or whatever. Anyone else feel the same way?

BrianD3

BrianD3 wrote:
    Without meaning to put a dampner on all the drooling (:D) in this thread, I regard most of the vehicles already mentioned as "rich men's toys" and as such they leave me cold. There's no rarity to most of these cars and any rich eejit can go out and buy a 05 one whenever he wants. Maybe I'm just funny but I'd prefer kbannon's (ex) car to a lot of the stuff mentioned.

And it's not as if I'm not interested in supercars. If I was ultra rich, I'd be looking to seek out a legendary classic like a Ferrari F40 or maybe even a McLaren F1 rather than a brand new 360/Bentley/DB9 or whatever. Anyone else feel the same way?

BrianD3

I'd go for a car that it so obviously good, one day it would have to become a classic. For example the DB9. Still a rich man's toy, but definately a classic supercar one day. Then sell it off at three times to price in a few years to buy 2 or 3 of Aston's latest car, and repeat!

1, 2, skip a few, 99, 100!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Volkswagen Touareg 3.0 TDI V6. Only 2 of these in the country, the next 1 comes in in December apparently, they've only just been made RHD recently. And an english reg'd F50 a few doors down from a mate of mines house, beautiful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭camarobill

kbannon wrote:
    You did well seeing my old car the other day as it is down in Limerick and used purely for track/course use!
    However, wrt your sarcasm, the E30 is possibly one of the best BMWs around! I regret changing to the comfort of the E39 5 series!
    sure its not in kildare :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Delta_ie

Saw two bentley continental GTs park outside side my estate about a week ago. Both dark blue with cream interior and on english plates. the seats were rapped in plastic and looked like they were being deliveried but go lost.

Also saw a blue ferrari 360 spider and a few 6 series, one I saw actually have those spinning alloys.

Saw a mercedes cls also today...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Im working in Grand Canal Dock at the moment and the standard of car around here is amazing.

A couple of those CLS 500s, Alfa GTs, plenty of the 645is and CL500s.

And every day one of those Maybach's parked outside Treasury Holdings at the bridge on the canal. Absolutely horrible looking thing. Mind you I wouldnt mind being taken for a spin in one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭hawkmoon269

Saw black Ferrari 360 convertible on Leeson Street last week, also a nice Aston Martin DB9 today.

Advertisement