Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Vodafone Tariffs

Options
  • 26-04-2005 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭

In about a week Vodafone are replacing all their tariffs with new ones...

They will be called 'Vodafone Perfect Fit' and will include a bundle of minutes with each (from 30 to 600 I think). Don't know prices or exact details yet, but the bundled minutes will be available to use anytime and to any irish landline or mobile.

I'll keep you posted as I get more info ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I presume all the present customers will be kept on the old tariff til they upgrade etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

This is always the case. They will remain on it until they change to a new one. Once they do that, they probably wont be able to choose an old one again..

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Akula

hmmm i'll be watching with interest. was just about to jump ships to meteor.

Any idea on ballpark prices with these packages?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

Bundled minutes are any irish landline or mobile number and call a friend minutes are any time minutes to one specified Vodafone number.

Vodafone Perfect Fit 30: Includes 30 bundled minutes & 50 call a friend minutes
    Vodafone Perfect Fit 100: Includes 100 bundled minutes & 50 call a friend minutes
    Vodafone Perfect Fit 200: Includes 200 bundled minutes & 100 call a friend minutes
    Vodafone Perfect Fit 400: Includes 400 bundled minutes & Unlimited call a friend minutes
    Vodafone Perfect Fit 600: Includes 600 bundled minutes & Unlimited call a friend minutes

NOTE: The last 2 will be limited to customers with 3G handsets.

Calls outside included minutes will be charged at a flat rate per minute for anytime, national and mobile calls (within ROI) .. Bundled minutes can carry over, call a friend minutes can not.

Customers will recieve a text message halfway through the billing period to advise them of remaining bundled minutes, remaining friend minutes, and remaining texts (if they have a text addon)

Customers on Supertime 300 will automatically be switched to Vodafone Perfect Fit 400 and Customers on Supertime 500 will automatically be switched to Vodafone Perfect Fit 600 (so maybe we can assume these are the same price of €69 and €99). Other customers will remain on existing tariffs until they switch themselves. Once you switch to a new tariff, you cannot go back to an old tariff.

.... to be continued ... :p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

any idea how much each of these tarrifs will be?

• Advertisement

LFCFan wrote:
    any idea how much each of these tarrifs will be?
    Vodafone are keeping this close to their chest but I'd say we'll know by Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

THis might be good, because I've been seriously thinking of switching to meteor as they offer a good package for calls to any mobile number.

Personally I like the sound of the bigger packages. But why limited to 3G. I'm a VERY heavy user on my 6230 and it suits me perfectly... no desire for a 3G phone... too chunky.

The only phone I'd consider moving to thats big is the blackberry and I get the impression it wont be available on that from what they are saying.

Unlimited call a friend for free minutes would be pretty sweet. Assuming it will be the same restrictions though... off peak and vodafone number only?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Really like the sound of this, I.m on supertime 300 at the min. I assume we wont lose the 100 free weekend minutes that we got for signing up in Febuary? Just thinking about that, if they are going to switch us over to perfect fit 400 automatically, then they cant take the 100 weekend mins away.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

I'm a bit confused :confused:

Where are all these tarrifs coming from that you say you're on, like supertime 300 etc etc? I thought there were only the likes of light, active, talk & text etc etc?

• Advertisement

LFCFan wrote:

Where are all these tarrifs coming from that you say you're on, like supertime 300 etc etc? I thought there were only the likes of light, active, talk & text etc etc?
    2 Supertime tariffs (300 & 500) were introduced with the launch of 3G before Christmas, exclusive to 3G customers.
    Stekelly wrote:
    I assume we wont lose the 100 free weekend minutes that we got for signing up in Febuary
    No I doubt that would happen. I'm sure Vodafone have been planning the launch of these tariffs since before February . (and that was a 1000 free minutes wasn't it)

v10 wrote:
    (and that was a 1000 free minutes wasn't it)

Yep, sure is. just not hitting enough 0's, my bad.

LFCFan wrote:

http://www.vodafone.ie/myvodafone/phonesandtariffs/postpaid/rd_tariff.jsp

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Server Error
    This server has encountered an internal error which prevents it from fulfilling your request. The most likely cause is a misconfiguration. Please ask the administrator to look for messages in the server's error log.
    :rolleyes: Not surprised....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Akula wrote:
    Personally I like the sound of the bigger packages. But why limited to 3G. I'm a VERY heavy user on my 6230 and it suits me perfectly... no desire for a 3G phone... too chunky.

I would assume this is to "convince" you to move to their 3G service..

As for the unlimited CAFF minutes, that is very impressive.

TmB wrote:
    :rolleyes: Not surprised....
    This link should work

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I would assume this is to "convince" you to move to their 3G service..

Vodafone have to get a certain level of customers on to 3g before a certain date it waas apart of their terms

so any news on when these will be available? somebody mentioned today?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

tariffs released on the 5th ;)

no word on prices even?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Doublezero8

Akula wrote:
    no word on prices even?

Nope afraid not Vodafone are keeping this under wraps.

I do know that Perfect Fit 400 will be under €69 and Perfect Fit 600 will be under €99 as they are replacing the supertime Tarrifs and they have been promised to be the same price or lower.

Which seems good cause means you will get another 100 minutes and unlimited calls to one number for the same price if not cheaper than what you are paying at the minute on the supertime tarrif.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭dshakey

i have after doin googling Vodafone Perfect Fit and it seams that in britain its up and ruuning heres an example of there tariffs but prices are in sterling, and we all know that its cheap to use you mobile in england than here, but have a look anyway

www.activedigital.co.uk/vodafone_perfect_fit_plans.htm
    and
    http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.viewPayMonthlyPricePlans

:eek: :confused: :eek:

i was in vodafone in dundrum today, (Monday th 2 of May) and asked about the new tariffs the two sale asstiants just looked at me, thinking were did you hear about that and the reply i got from them was that vodafone are always bring pout new tariffs.
    so im guessing from thier reactions that its either being released tomorrow or very soom=n.
    cant wait.... i hope there be a better tariff then the current active one...

Akula wrote:
    no word on prices even?
    Launching Thursday

Vodafone Perfect Fit 30: €19pm .. 35c/min after 30 inclusive minutes
    Vodafone Perfect Fit 100: €29pm .. 30c/min after 100 inclusive minutes
    Vodafone Perfect Fit 200: €49pm .. 25c/min after 200 inclusive minutes
    Vodafone Perfect Fit 400: €69pm .. 20c/min after 400 inclusive minutes
    Vodafone Perfect Fit 600: €99pm .. 18c/min after 600 inclusive minutes
    Previous details HERE

Add Ons:
    Text 100 @ €6 pm (special price until 31/5/05): Gives 100 texts per month.
    Talk 300 @ €10 pm: Gives 300 minutes evening & weekend per month
    International: 15 International Minutes for €6 or 35 minutes for €12 per month
    Data: 3mb for €12 or 6mb for €18 per month
    Barclays Premiership Video: Unlimited Premiership Downloads for €9.99 pm (3G only)
    MTV Music Video: Unlimited access to MTV Lounge for €7.99 per month (3G only)
    Movie of the Month: Unlimeted access to current months film release for €4.99 per month (3G only)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nice one, v10. Cheers. Interesting bunch of packs. Data charges are still outrageous, though....

v10 wrote:
    Launching Thursday

Vodafone Perfect Fit 30: €19pm .. 35c/min after 30 inclusive minutes
    Vodafone Perfect Fit 100: €29pm .. 30c/min after 100 inclusive minutes
    Vodafone Perfect Fit 200: €49pm .. 25c/min after 200 inclusive minutes
    Vodafone Perfect Fit 400: €69pm .. 20c/min after 400 inclusive minutes
    Vodafone Perfect Fit 600: €99pm .. 18c/min after 600 inclusive minutes
    Previous details HERE

Add Ons:
    Text 100 @ €6 pm (special price until 31/5/05): Gives 100 texts per month.
    Talk 300 @ €10 pm: Gives 300 minutes evening & weekend per month
    International: 15 International Minutes for €6 or 35 minutes for €12 per month
    Data: 3mb for €12 or 6mb for €18 per month
    Barclays Premiership Video: Unlimited Premiership Downloads for €9.99 pm (3G only)
    MTV Music Video: Unlimited access to MTV Lounge for €7.99 per month (3G only)
    Movie of the Month: Unlimeted access to current months film release for €4.99 per month (3G only)

good you'd think that they'd bring down the prices.. there abit expense. im currently on the active tariff and i get way morew free minutes for €38.. over 600 minutes..

v10 were do you get the information from. are you are boards.ie insider!!!

dshakey wrote:
    ...im currently on the active tariff and i get way morew free minutes for €38.. over 600 minutes..
    hmm, I dunno ... Active gives you 30 Peak 300 offpeak and 300 offpeak to a Friend. you then pay 45c/min to call other networks peak and 30c/min offpeak .. for €38. Lets say you went on Perfect Fit 30 for €19 and took Talk 300 addon for €10. You'd then have 30 anytime minutes 300 off peak minutes and 50 any time to call a friend and have cheaper rates to landline and other networks. Plus you'd have €9 spare which would easily make up the difference or allow you to but 100 texts with change ...

v10 wrote:
    hmm, I dunno ... Active gives you 30 Peak 300 offpeak and 300 offpeak to a Friend. you then pay 45c/min to call other networks peak and 30c/min offpeak .. for €38. Lets say you went on Perfect Fit 30 for €19 and took Talk 300 addon for €10. You'd then have 30 anytime minutes 300 off peak minutes and 50 any time to call a friend and have cheaper rates to landline and other networks. Plus you'd have €9 spare which would easily make up the difference or allow you to but 100 texts with change ...

where are you getting the 50 any time to call a friend?
    i current ring mainly 087 numbers and mainly monday to friday and the calls are made at either on peak or off peak. around 50/50.
    i was thining of going for the Perfect 400 at €69 a month.. i think this mite be to much ill have to calculate my bills.
    on the active tariff i do use all the minutes. my bills are between 80-100 euro a month..
    any ideas for what tariff mite suit..

id be very grateful

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

@v10

Are the inclusive minutes to landline and Vodafone numbers, or are they for all national numbers?

Cheers.

Advertisement