Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Vodafone Tariffs

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

v10 wrote:
    Add Ons:
    Talk 300 @ €10 pm: Gives 300 minutes evening & weekend per month

i'm looking at the vodafone website and dont see this anywhere.
    I'm still on the ancient Timeout 200 option from about 5 years ago. Thinking of changing but if this option isnt avaliable i dunno...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

OK, I have a question concerning the add-ons.

I'm looking at switching to the perfect fit option for E30 with 100 mins. Then I'll add on a text bundle. Will I be billed for the text bundle every month, or only as I request them?

And is there any handy counter to see how many messages I've used from the bundle?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

dudara wrote:
    OK, I have a question concerning the add-ons.

I'm looking at switching to the perfect fit option for E30 with 100 mins. Then I'll add on a text bundle. Will I be billed for the text bundle every month, or only as I request them?

No you have to request the text bundle every month!! So yes, you will only be billed as you request them!!
    dudara wrote:
    And is there any handy counter to see how many messages I've used from the bundle?

I believe Ready-2-Go customers can do this but for some reason Bill customers cannot!!

--laoisfan

That's perfect about the bundle, but pity there's no way of keeping track of them

dudara wrote:
    That's perfect about the bundle, but pity there's no way of keeping track of them

Well, you can, depending on the model of phone you have!!

I have a SE Z600 and it allows me to keep track of how many txts I have sent using its 'SMS Counter'. I can reset the 'SMS Counter' when I enter a new bill period (therefore keep track if I go over my 100 free txts, I am on the Talk&Text option currently).

Check your phone manual and see if you have that option available to you. I know most Nokias have that option too (correct me if I am wrong)

--laoisfan

• Advertisement

but that means keeping on top of billing periods and so on, which is possible, but i never open a bill, just throw them in a heap.

If they can offer that service to pre-paid customers, then it should be available to post-paid.

EDIT: I just rang vodafone customer care to double check, and the rep said that once I sign up for a text add-on, it will be billed every month. She did suggest that I sign up and then disconnect, but that's hassle and not very effective.

Can anyone verify the story with the text add-ons?

dudara wrote:
    but that means keeping on top of billing periods and so on, which is possible, but i never open a bill, just throw them in a heap.

If they can offer that service to pre-paid customers, then it should be available to post-paid.

I agree totally with you on this. How come at the moment on bill-pay we can send off a free txt msg to get our remaining minutes AND our current balance but yet we cannot do the same of txt msgs? If ready-to-go can do it then surely bill-pay can do it!!

Does anyone know the specific reason why bill-pay cannot check their remaining free txts?

dudara & laoisfan want to know why!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

laoisfan wrote:

I agree totally with you on this. How come at the moment on bill-pay we can send off a free txt msg to get our remaining minutes AND our current balance

how do ya do this?

On second look that perfect fit 30 isnt a massive advatage over talk & text. It saves a couple € (bare in mind the price of text bundles is rising at month end) but the calls are dearer. reckon it balances out.

skywalker wrote:
    how do ya do this?

Account Balance via Text Message:
    To retrieve your account balance:

Go to 'Messages'
    Select 'Write Message'
    Type 'BAL' (Leave a space) self care password (last 4 digits of customer number)
    For Example: BAL 9866
    Choose 'Send'
    Enter 1907
    Choose 'Send' again.

Remaining minutes via Text Message:
    Send 'MINS' (leave space) and your Self-service Password (this is the last 4 digits of your Vodafone customer number which can be found on any of your bills) e.g MINS 6789 as a Text Message to 1907.

You will instantly receive a Text Message from 1907 with your remaining peak & off peak minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Lovely, thanks. thats damn handy.

Does either sending that text or recieving the answer cost you anything?

• Advertisement

skywalker wrote:
    Does either sending that text or recieving the answer cost you anything?

No - ringing 1907 or txting to 1907 (using those sms formats) will not cost you a cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭digiman

Is this info they send you back accuarate to the last call that you have made, because the one on the website is usually about 2-3 days old. My remaining minutes isn't eving appearing on the vodafone website at the minute, wasn't yesterday either.
    My bill for the 16th of April still ahsn't appeared online yet almost a month later. This is usually put up a few days after the date on the bill. There website is poor enough at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭jlang

I'm still on ALLTIME 180 and it matches my usage pretty closely (about 3hrs/month; phone on desk so most mobile calls are off peak; nearly everyone I ring is 087; average bill about E25) so I don't think I'll be switching yet.

Advertisement