Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Butterflies anyone?

• 26-04-2005 10:22pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭

After tonights great game i gotta say i have a serious bout of butterflies in the belly area :)
    Cannot wait for tomorrows game but must confess to being very worried that Chelsea will do the Pool.
    In midfield i can see the pool atleast compete if not control things ,upfront pool should be a threat but im concerned with hyppai and peligrino`s pace or lack of it and traore`s phil babb like clumsiness at times,Carragher is not a problem.
    Speaking as a Liverpool fan its the biggest game in years for us and one thats certainly giving me the shakes lol :)
    The mind is a buzz just thinking about it. :D:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Dcully wrote:
    After tonights great game i gotta say i have a serious bout of butterflies in the belly area :)
    Cannot wait for tomorrows game but must confess to being very worried that Chelsea will do the Pool.
    In midfield i can see the pool atleast compete if not control things ,upfront pool should be a threat but im concerned with hyppai and peligrino`s pace or lack of it and traore`s phil babb like clumsiness at times,Carragher is not a problem.
    Speaking as a Liverpool fan its the biggest game in years for us and one thats certainly giving me the shakes lol :)
    The mind is a buzz just thinking about it. :D:D

Pellegrino is cup tied so no bother there. Is Warnock back yet?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Pellegrino is cup tied so no bother there
    Very true ,silly me,thank god he is though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I would be worried if i was you.

I think the most Liverpool can hope for is to be able to compete,but over two legs, quality always shines through.

Prediction: Walk in the park for Chelsea

(btw..i'm a neutral follower of EPL. :p)

DubGuy wrote:

I think the most Liverpool can hope for is to be able to compete,but over two legs, quality always shines through.

So does that mean Liverpool are better than Juve? I think we should up sticks and head to Italy, we'd walk the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

DubGuy wrote:

oh i just had to quote this. :D

your right about quality always shining through, just look at the juve tie..

• Advertisement

Plus the fact that while Chelsea have beaten Liverpool i the three games this season, they have by no means hammered them. It's been fairly even so far.

:o Fair enough, but how often do you see that happen in europe? to the same team twice? in the one season? against a team thats already beaten them 3 times in that season? that are 31 points ahead of them in the leauge? with a game in hand?

Juve only have themselves to blame, Liverpool are punching well above there weight, and the quality over two legs will show....that's what i ment :p

Well Juve have 20 more points, domestically, than Liverpool. So , just to clarify, quality always shows through over two legs................except when it doesnt...................at which point, liverpool are still crap and its Juves fault? So if they beat chelsea, is that all down to chelsea aswell?

Actually, while we're on the subject of Italian football can anyone explain how Atalanta are already relegated? It's a 20 team league, so that means there 5 games left but theey can finish on 40 pts, which would put them 7th.

1____Milan________33 22 7 4 55 20 35 73
    2____Juventus_____33 22 7 4 56 22 34 73
    3____Internazionale_33 14 17 2 58 37 21 59
    4____Sampdoria____33 16 7 10 36 25 11 55
    5____Udinese______33 15 8 10 50 36 14 53
    6____Palermo______33 12 12 9 39 35 4 48
    7____Livorno______33 11 10 12 39 44 -5 43
    8____Messina______33 11 10 12 37 44 -7 43
    9____Lazio________33 11 8 14 41 42 -1 41
    10___Cagliari_______33 10 11 12 46 52 -6 41
    11___Bologna______33 9 13 11 30 30 0 40
    12___Roma________33 10 9 14 50 54 -4 39
    13___Reggina______33 10 9 14 31 40 -9 39
    14___Lecce________33 9 11 13 54 60 -6 38
    15___Siena________33 7 15 11 36 48 -12 36
    16___Chievo Verona_33 9 8 16 27 45 -18 35
    17___Fiorentina_____33 7 13 13 35 46 -11 34
    18___Brescia_______33 9 7 17 31 44 -13 34
    19___Parma________33 8 10 15 37 55 -18 34
    R 20__Atalanta______33 7 10 16 30 39 -9 31

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

It shall be close as the league cup final showed Liverpool are no push overs on their day and Chelsea needed a pretty large dose of lucky to see them off still i think Chelsea will go though over the two legs 4-2

• Advertisement

Read my post again...I think it implied something along the lines of a freak occurance.

And i dont think you can compare two completely different leauges, with different amounts of games, playing completely different teams.

Also i never said Liverpool were crap, I said they were punching above their weight. And even if i did say they were crap, when did i imply it was Juve's fault they were crap?

I think you're contradicting yourself though.

On one hand you are saying Juve are better than Liverpool by comparing the leauges and points, (So techinally, Juve should have gone through? :confused:), yet on the other hand, you're defending the fact that Liverpool aren't punching above their weight by asking the question "So if they beat chelsea, is that all down to chelsea aswell?"

Or are you just saying that quality dosen't alwaysshine through over two legs? Because i thought i explained what i ment with the whole freak occurance post, or fluke....whatever you want to call it.

But to answer your question....Yes. If Liverpool go through, it will be attributed to Chelsea not playing near what they can (RE:Juve game) than it would be to Liverpool being better than Chelsea.

I think Leauge tables are fairly accurate that way, measuring who's better, and let's just say Liverpool wouldn't challange for the leauge even if they got an extra 10 games to play.

But to be honest, it's a very hypothetical question.

Maybe i'm being far to harsh here, but i don't give Liverpool a hope in this one.

[EDIT] I Don't think Atalanta are officially relegated, maybe where ever you saw that had them as relegated becuase it looked almost impossible for them to come back a while ago..but they're in amasing from, they've won 6 of their llast 10 games! :eek:

Here's a link to an article about them fighting relegation.
    [/EDIT]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

It was great when the quality of Portugal's league shone threw last season.

I loved the way Greece shined aswell. Especially when the crap teams like France and Czech Rep tried to play them!

Really loved the way that Arsenal's quality guided them to the Champions league last season and then Monaco didnt beat the team that beat them.

CUP FOOTBALL, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

Emmo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Chelsea have played Liverpool three times this year. Each time Liverpool have played very well, and arguably deserved to win. Each time they lost. They will lose, whether we like it or not. I'd rather they won tbh, but at the same time I'd rather see Chelsea get whopped by Milan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

I am so sick and tierd of hearing "Liverpool FC have no chance of winning this CL Match against XXXX" Well i think we can beat them 0-1 tonight and 2-0 in Anfield

Come on you reds, Make us proud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

This is a dodgy one! think that Chelsea will win thru but somewhere in the back of my mind I think that Liverpool could win it.....could be the same as Arsenal-Chelsea last year....>Chelsea couldnt beat them in league but still won thru over 2 legs.....will be a great game anyway!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

No matter what craziness people see, week in week out, in football, they'll still come out with the "no chance in hell of it happening" line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Two weeks ago I would have said it would be a very close run tie, with Robben back and the real belief in the chelsea team now that the Premiership is in sight I can't see them faltering at this stage.

They won't be caught on sleeping as they were in Cardiff for the first goal. Chelsea's home record in the CL has been excellent this season and I can't see the Pool spoiling our centenary celebrations this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

I think that Chelsea playing as good as they possibly can would beat Liverpool playing as good as they can. Having an off day though is always a possibilty. Last year Chelsea couldn't beat Arsenal in the league but Highbury Arsenal weren't on top of their game and were caught out by a great Chelsea performance. This scenario could easily be applicable to this semi-final.

Over the 2 legs I think Chelsea will do enough but you never know.

I thought that Milan last night weren't as invincinble as everyone makes out and if they play like that in the final either Chelsea or Liverpool would have a good chance in a one-off situation against them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I'm going with the -1.0 Asian Handicap on Chelsea. If they win by 2 or more goals I get €120 back from €50. If they win by 1 goal I get my money back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

thing about milan is that scully you could say the same about CHelsea, they didn;t look invincible against Liverpool in either of the cup matches they played this year, but they won didn't they?
    Thats the mark of a great team, hence why a Chelsea vs. Milan final would be unreal
    ----

ALso if you want to see how good Milan really are, watch them lock up shop against PSV in the away leg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Chelsea have pace up front and will cause Liverpool a lot of problems.

I think Chelsea will win tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

COME ON THE REDS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Lex Luthor wrote:
    COME ON THE REDS

that is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Funnily enought I have no butterflies at all but I do find myself in the inexplainable position for a Utd Supporter of actually wanting Liverpool to win through. I don't think it will happen but the best of luck to them anyway.

Now I really must have lie down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The Muppet wrote:
    Funnily enought I have no butterflies at all but I do find myself in the inexplainable position for a Utd Supporter of actually wanting Liverpool to win through. I don't think it will happen but the best of luck to them anyway.

:eek:

I want Liverpool to win too. And I feel all confused. Years of hate just put to one side?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!!

I'll be in the pub, hoping for a Liverpool win, but damned if I cheer a goal :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

sorry my mourinho hatred hasn't surpassed my pool one yet, but given time it probably will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The Muppet wrote:

I think you can get pills over the net for that! :D

I'm suprisingly calm even beatific. Okay that'll change during the game but right now anything short of a 2 goal deficit would be okay by me.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Keano_sli

Well I thought Juve would go through so I'm not predicting this one, even though I got rigth result last night ;) .
    Chelsea should win on form, but Liverpool have proved that form counts for little in the CL this season. I know who I want to win, but I just hope to enjoy both games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

mike65 wrote:
    I think you can get pills over the net for that! :D

Mike.

I'll have to do without the pills for now as if Liverpool win the thing I may be in more need of them then.

/Shudders at the thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,285 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Chelsea have pace up front and will cause Liverpool a lot of problems.

I think Chelsea will win tonight.

If cisse and baros both play its liverpool that have the pace up front

cisse is a flying machine

Advertisement