Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanenttsb Switcher Team

Options
  • 26-04-2005 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭

Hi. I switched over from BOI since the begining of the month. I though everything was done for you, like standing orders, direct debits etc. Now to be fair the most of them were. I had to ring them numerous times to transfer my most important DD I think and that is my SSIA. They advertise that the switcher team does everything for you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭cgf

I switched at end of Feb / mid-March and all my Standing Orders came across including my SSIA. They missed the boat on a few Direct Debits such as UGC but overall did a fairly decent job excepting the fact that my money was in limbo for 2 days when it left my BOI a/c and re-appeared in my PTSB a/c. I had a feeling this would happen so I took out a load of readies beforehand as this co-incided with the Paddys Day weekend.

I got my ATM card with 2 days of signing over at end of Feb well in advance of the actual switch however they messed up on the Laser which had to be re-ordered and showed up last week.

I'm fairly impressed with their online service - way ahead of that spuddy BOI yoke. Their Open24 call center staff are always polite and seem to know what they are about.

No regrets to leaving those alledged "bankers" who charged me fees for leaving my cash sit in their Current Account, admittedly due to my own inertia. If they were real bankers they should have been able to work this money to make money, whoch I'm sure they did but charging fees on top - grrrr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Honestly, I have to agree with everything you said there. There Open24 staff are very friendly and polite. I also got my ATM which is an 4 in 1 card (Laser,Cirrus,ATM,cheque) very quickly. Also got the ICE credit card very quickly. To be fair with them they are good. Just for the SSIA. Probably BOI fault anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

I had the same problem with the SSIA (switching from BOI).
    Apparently the problem is on the BOI side. It is their responsibility to give the DD and SO details to PermanentTSB (they send you a copy as well). But apparently they don't give details of internal DDs. So if you have a DD between 2 BOI accounts (for me it was my current a/c and my BOI SSIA), when the switch happens BOI don't pass that info to PTSB. If you check the letter you got from BOI I bet the SSIA isn't listed under the DD's ( I didn't notice this until the money never came out of my account).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Yes your right. No sign of the SSIA at all on the letter. I had to ring up BOI myself and sign a direct debit myself. Just checked my account now on Open24 and noticed that they have taken out E254 twice now. What a bunch! :( BOI that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

Same think happened to me - they took two months SSIA together. The PTSB switcher team had warned me about this when they were helping me sort it out though, they said BOI have been doing this to loads of people and some people have got stung by not having enough cash in the account to cover 2 withdrawls...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

They missed my SSIA as well. I talked to them because I didn't want to miss out on a payment and they said they'd talk to my SSIA provider and sort it out.

Quite nice of them I thought. Good service.

Advertisement