Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customs and USPS

Options
  • 27-04-2005 2:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

Dunno where else to put this..

I ordered something from the USA, for $260, and it was shipped with USPS. My tracking info said it went into customs in Ireland at 11.25am and 'cleared foreign customs' at 2.30pm...

Does this mean i may not have to pay duty on it? Either way, i dont mind, as i will have saved a bomb anyway, i'm just curious. My main question is, who will deliver it, SDS or An Post? Last, but not least, if anyone knows, when should i get this? Tomorrow (thursday), or friday maybe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

GLS will deliver it probably, if you will get charged you will receive a card first, asking you if you are willing to accept the customs charges, if there are no charges the item will be delivered to you directly

if the sender didn't declare it a gift and wrote a lower value on the parcel, then you will be charged something aroud 50-70 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭julius

Stopped ordering stuff from the US years ago when the customs started to get tough on parcels coming from the US and chargeing full Tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Zaky

I ordered something from America and its been in Ireland over a 5day without being delivered.

"Your item departed a transfer airport in DUBLIN, IRELAND on December 28, 2020 at 8:46 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination."

Is there any way to contact USPS or an post about it? Can't imagine a 5 days is normal.

Better UPS OR FEDEX but over 5 days Dublin to Belfast it’s normal guy’s

Information
    Your item departed a transfer airport in DUBLIN, IRELAND on December 28, 2020 at 11:23 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Last was 28/ of December

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Please don't bump old threads

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement