Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Lexmark Printer Problem

• 27-04-2005 7:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

I have a lexmark printer Z31 that is not getting detected by Windows XP SP2 yet when I try it on the PC downstairs which has Windows XP SP2 on it it gets detechted and works! does anyone know what is wrong?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Need Input ...
    Are both PC's the same type ?

USB or parallel ?

Some printer drivers hog resources and prevent a second printer - esp the parallel port

BIOS settings can also affect the parallel port OFF/ AT / PS/2 / EPP / ECP etc.

Does anyother printer work on that machine ?
    (the old fall back - viruses / malware can do strange things )

Unlikely to be the PnP service disabled but stranger things have happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Lexmark.Printer

Thanks Capt'n Midnight.

I have it sorted now. I tried using the USB ports on the front of the PC and it works perfectly so for some reason the USB ports at the back aren't working.

I'll be reformatting the PC over the weekend and re-installing Windows XP so I'll give it another shot then to see if that help.

Cheers

Advertisement