Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

in need of a new graphics card

Options
  • 27-04-2005 8:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭

need some help here please

got a new pc around january a dell job p4 3ghz 512 ram the usual stuff - unfortunatley the graphics card really isnt up to a whole lot (radeon 300) and i want to replace it

willing to spend up to 300 quid, needs to have a firewire slot on it and has to be excellent for games

suggestions please!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

never seen a graphics card with firewire tbh.
    but good card for 300, you should look in the FS forum, there CSSourcegod is getting some X800Pros for that amount

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

thanks man for some reason i thought most of the better cards would have a firewire connection but ill get that seperate if needs be

is the x800 one of the best out at the moment ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

not the best, but one of them,
    if you want the best then you will have to double your budget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

ill stick with that so :)

in terms of agp or pci without reefing the case off and fumbling about is there simple way to find out what i have im fairly sure its pci because its dell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

firewire on a gfx card :confused:

you sure you're not thinking of high end sound cards? (soundblaster audigy etc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

You can alos get brand new x800xl's on www.jes-computer.de for 300e excluding delivery. Be about 20e for delivery I think.

BloodBath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭julius

Are you talking about:

http://www.jes-computer.de

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Here ya mean,its the slowest of the x800xl family besides the bravo version. But still should run all new games not a hassle

Nukem

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

Nukem wrote:
    Here ya mean,its the slowest of the x800xl family besides the bravo version. But still should run all new games not a hassle

Nukem
    What do you mean the slowest of the x800xl family. Are they all not clocked to the same 400/500. I know my Saphire was.
    The x800xl is a very good buy for €300

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

make sure your dell a has a beefy psu most come with a 250w or 350w(minium for likes of 6600gt) recomended 450w for system stability

• Advertisement
Advertisement