Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvu

Options
  • 27-04-2005 9:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi all,

Does anybody here use NVU?
    And if so what do you think of it?
    I only downloaded it last night, and haven't really used it yet.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

used it once to make a linux users group webpage, has all the functionality of frontpage, can't touch dreamweaver

but if you want something like frontpage, you cant go wrong, and its open source

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭WhatsGoingOn

used it once to make a linux users group webpage, has all the functionality of frontpage, can't touch dreamweaver

but if you want something like frontpage, you cant go wrong, and its open source
    Yeah, that's what I thought from my quick look at it.
    I use Dreamweaver myself, so won't change, but it's good to see that there is an open source alternative under development..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

My poison is Homesite +, and I find it to be much nicer then Dreamweaver - always have.

But again - like OpenOffice - always glad to see the open source versions getting their look in

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

NVU is open source and it seems to be quite functional. It may not have the functionality of Homesite, but it hasn't been around as long either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I didn't like NVU at all... I prefer the way DW handles tables... but there again, shame on me for using tables for layout and not limiting them to tabular data :eek:
    I tell ya, I'm this |---| close to switching to switching completely to notepad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

I tell ya, I'm this |---| close to switching to switching completely to notepad.

Go for it. Works a treat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

hostyle wrote:
    Go for it. Works a treat.
    Yeah, I almost would... it's just that part of me that likes to see what I'm doing while I'm doing it... I suppose WYSIWYG editors are good for making fast changes while you're pondering different design ideas... having said that, I always end up in notepad anyway, trimming down all the bloaty redundant tags. :rolleyes:

Advertisement