Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eicon Diva ISDN PCI Bulk

Options
  • 27-04-2005 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just wondering could somebody help me here.

I currently have ISDN (unable to get broadband in my local area). I used ISDN for work so I have a Cisco router which sits between the eircom isdn box and my PC. Anyway, I am leaving my company which means the Cisco router will have to be returned. I am going to hold onto the ISDN for my own personal internet access.

Question: I have a 56kbps modem in my own PC which I do not thing will be able to take advantage of the 128kbps speeds of ISDN. I am thinking of getting a digital modem which will be able to take advantage of the 2 channels of the ISDN. I was looking at the following modem:

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=101046&cks=SPK

What do people think? I had a look at the modems recommended by Eircom and did a quick 'review' check and most people thought there was too much hassle with them whereas the products produced by Eicon were good quality.

If I could get peoples opinions on 'Eicon Diva ISDN PCI' that would be great. I am not worrried about taking voice calls mainly just using the channels for internet access.

Thanks.

/laoisfan
    aka liverpoolfan on koptalk.org

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

Any takers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

You shouldn't have to spend that kind of money on an ISDN adapter. They're commodity goods these days (mature, well used, virtually problem free). Jaguar Computer Systems seem to carry some ISDN adapters. Mind you, starting at €50, they still strike me as being quite pricey. Having said that, the Eicon ISDN devices are a good choice. Dell use their hardware in their machines.

Advertisement