Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Paint Bubbles

Options
  • 27-04-2005 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭

Morn folks.

Quick question, Have some nasty paint/rust bubbles forming around the antenna base on a 96 E220 coupe.
    Anyone know of a decent bodyshop to clear it up and match the paint?

Have heard that Carcraft where good when it comes to paint however not to sure if they could sort out the rust?

Cheers
    S.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I cant tell you where to get it done, but i can help you get done cheaper.

If your certain your going to get someone to fix it, mask off the area you want fixed and sane it down with 200 wet/dry sandpaper, then with 100 wet/dry. It will only take about 10 mins and cut the overall price in half! If im getting a 'professional. job done on any bit of my car that needs a touch up thats what I do. It looks naff until you get it sprayed but you will forgive yourself when you see how much you save!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Con9903

Aye do the prep work yourself, give the sprayer no excuse to stand in there scratching his arse for longer than is required. Sand down to bare metal, treat metal, fill if necessary, sand down, prime

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

this only works if you know the guy and he is sure that you are going to prepare it as should be.

i always disregard any preparation done by car owners as in most cases panels need work anyway.

some people do not understand that paint finish could look bad , just because preparation was $hit3 and would be first to scream when paint bubbles again.

i wouldn't care about extra money just because of the preparation was done by me.

final paint finish and reputation is more important then few extra yoyo's(this will get your even more work, where this micky mouse jobs can put your name on the cowboys list)

if you are good enough to prepare the panels, you could just go and spray it yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Garibaldi

The dreaded paint bubbles have appeared on my car too. Stone chips that went a bit too deep, by the look of it. I only noticed them at the weekend when I was washing the car and there they were: two chips just above the windshield with rust showing through and bubbles forming around them. It's an 04 car, so I was thinking of chancing my arm with a warranty claim, but I don't think I'd get very far with that line. So, who's good at sorting this kind of thing out? It's only a small job, but I'd like it done right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I think for the likes of paint chips then someone like "ChipsAway" would be ideal. Its about €70-€100 for any chips around the cart. I've used them on many cars with 100% results !

• Advertisement
Advertisement