Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone used one of them double simcard things ?!?

Options
  • 27-04-2005 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭

I have two sims and want to use them in the one phone if possible and saw double sim readers on ebay which claim to allow you to switch which card is being used on startup by entering a code. Question is how do they work, there is no room in my phone for another sim card at all and cant seem to find any info on them from the sellers details about it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 soggybizkit

dependin on wot model you have, it looks like a strip of gold strip in the shape of a 'Y' , The bottom sits into your current sim holder and the two bits at the top hold the 2sims you want to alternate between (o2 and vodaofone) when you power the fone on it will display vodafone, then if you power off the fone and power it back on again it will display 02, they can be a bit of a pain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

ive a 6230, its 2 different meteor sims bill and payg and ive a load of credit left on my payg i want to use but will take me a few months of my usage to get through it and dont fancy carrying 2 phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 soggybizkit

ive set a couple of them up and they work fine with a 6230

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

I've got a dual simcard thing I bought. I'm not using it because I got my number changed instead.. I'll give it to ya for like €15. Because you don't need a different battery of whatever. It slides into place where your sim normally goes. You need to cut your sim out from a template that comes with it, but it's easy.. I'll show ya how to do it if ya want, because the instructions are in terrible english.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭|Referee|

Wez wrote:
    I've got a dual simcard thing I bought. I'm not using it because I got my number changed instead.. I'll give it to ya for like €15. Because you don't need a different battery of whatever. It slides into place where your sim normally goes. You need to cut your sim out from a template that comes with it, but it's easy.. I'll show ya how to do it if ya want, because the instructions are in terrible english.

No just type out the instructions in terrible english

• Advertisement
Advertisement