Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lion King......

Options
  • 27-04-2005 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Well its another sad day for cycling.......Big Cippo retires..........as Dave Duffield once said....."The Lion King has roared again"...well no more folks........we will hear the roar no more!!!!!!

I say goodbye to a legend..........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭brainstorm

Cipo, most Giro stages record holder. World Champs and MSR were his greatest single wins. Getting accross to the break and winning in gent wevelgem(?) few years back was proof he could do it without a 'train'.

Mario Cipollini, we salute you..... superstar sprinter, showman, legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

legend indeed. Fundamentally changed the nature of flat stages and sprint finishes forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭da_deadman

It's a great pity that SuperMario isn't lining up today for the Giro d'Italia. It would have been great to see him line put against Petacchi for a final time. Sure, Petacchi is quicker now, but surely Mario could have pulled off just another one win....
    The peloton will be a lot quieter without him...
    Ciao, Mario

I was just remembering some of his great wins --> stages 1 (with stars and stripes shorts) and 2 (in yellow jersey, yellow shorts, yellow socks, yellow everything) in le Tour, 97 and his great 4-in-a-row in le Tour 99.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

actually he is lining out ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭da_deadman

Thank uberwolf, I hadn't heard that. It's a fantastic way to say goodbye, but it's pure Cipo. What a class act.

• Advertisement
Advertisement