Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing my name

Options
  • 27-04-2005 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

Hey there, i have a question about changing the name on my bank account. Basically my dad and i have the same name, it was supposed to be some kind of present. I opened a bank account but fool that i am opened it my actual name and so now statements are being sent home and my dad opens mine and i open his.
    Is there anyway that i can change the name on my account to the irish version of my name or can i at least append a "jnr" to the end of my name without closing the account. Its a BoI student plus account.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I'm pretty sure you can if you have some kind of relevant ID, but the only people who can tell you for certain are the bank. I'm not sure why you didn't pick up the phone and call the branch tbh, it probably would have been quicker than posting here...

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It happens a lot - both my brother and father have the same name, so my brother ended up having everything changed to John J Smith rather than John Smith so they would know what belonged to who. When I worked for AIB, I saw plenty of accounts with Jnr, Snr etc tagged on to them, so I doubt it would be a problem for BOI. Talk to your branch or Banking365 if you have it and find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

You can ring banking 365 or call to your branch and ask them to put on Jr. at the end, that's what I done.

Advertisement