Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Valet in Dublin area

Options
  • 27-04-2005 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Where would you recommend based on your experience?

Ok, I've been lazy about cleaning the car. It needs a full valet in a place where they use quality products. Leather interior. Main concern is full wax and alloys. Has to be a top job

What can I expect to pay? How long does it take?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

I'd be interested to hear about this as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Same here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

There's a guy that lives around the corner from me that does this as a nixer. He charges about €10 - €20 and does a pretty good job. As far as I remember he does the following:

Wash
    Wax

Shampoo the floor mats
    Wash the seats
    Hover the entire interior

I may be leaving some things out here (It wasn't my car that was done). The only possible drawback with him is that you have to bring the car to him. If anyone is interested, PM me for details. He's in the Dublin 17 area, close to Claire Hall shopping centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel

That sure is cheap!

Looking for a place a bit more professional though. Anyone any experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I know they do it in The Square, Tallaght, that's all I know though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

I believe there is someplace in the superquinn centre in sundrive or is it nutgrove :confused: that does a great job quite reasonable (€40-€50)

If you want the real pro touch, there is Crystal Clean in the Parnell St MultiStory on the first floor at the entrance.
    I got my brothers BMW 3 Series a complete valet inside and out for €110 last summer - that was the works

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Parkwest Car Valeting
    info@parkwestvalet.com

Car Wash And Chammie Dry = €10
    Plus Tyres €15

Express Valet = €40

6 Hour Full Showroom Valet €150

Thanks for the tips!

Car had a full service today @121k miles (200k km) and 8.5 years of age and the one thing stopping it from looking and feeling only a few years old is a good valet

Gonna have to sort something out soon :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

lazy! get up an hour earlier and get a sponge & a bucket with water...
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Volcano

I always use the one in temple bar car park. They always do an excellent job and its not break the bank money. Plus their always pretty fast if im only going to be there for a short while. Highly recommended :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Do any of these offer a pre-wax restoration polish, I wonder?

Or does the paintwork have to be okay to begin...

I'm looking for somewhere that will restore faded bodywork to it's formar glory (or part thereof...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

I just had them do a full valet on my MR2 at Murphy and Gunn. I figured that a Toyota dealer's internal valet guy would know about bringing a Toyota back to showroom condition. I wasn't wrong. They had an army of guys working on it with toothbrushes. Apparently they worked on it for 8 hours. Mind, this car had been lying up on a farm for close to 2 years and there was dirt all over the place (and a slight smell). Now all of that is gone. :D

So what did I get for my €150 + VAT? Full wash inside and out (including shampooing of seats and carpets); full polish inside and out; wax of the entire exterior (including the door sills!); restoration of the soft top; shining up of the tyres. The car now looks like it just rolled out of the showroom. They were incredibly meticulous.

Gotta recommend these guys. They did a great job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

What car is it Unkel? Cost would probably depend on the size of it. And where are you based? That could also be a major factor

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

kbannon wrote:
    Here, here!!

kbannon wrote:

Guilty as charged, your honour :o;):D

It'll take a bit longer than an hour this time...
    Squirrel wrote:
    What car is it Unkel? Cost would probably depend on the size of it. And where are you based? That could also be a major factor

BMW 735, Lucan. Would consider anywhere in the Dublin area though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭full forward

Here is a few links, I have no experience with either of them.

http://www.bumper2bumper.ie/

http://www.carcraft.ie/

some companies popping up that ive never heard of!

i wouldn't be too keen leaving it with bumper2bumper though as they 'machine polish' the car, whereas carcraft do a hand polish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭coghlac3

joe duffy motors, finglas
    belgard motors, tallaght

Two of the best, defo!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

ciarsd wrote:
    i wouldn't be too keen leaving it with bumper2bumper though as they 'machine polish' the car, whereas carcraft do a hand polish
    I dunno...

Might be better to have a machine polish than some poor guy at the end of his shift whose arm is hanging off!

(My cars needs a good roughing up anyway).

just personal choice/opinion - hands dont do as much damage (in general) than a machine polisher

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

I used Carcraft they are the dogs Bollix got the €125 done as a present for meself and it was unbelievable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭crang

I would also be intested to know if anywhere in Galway area did a good valet. Shampoo seats and all.

Advertisement