Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Napoleon Dynamite on DVD

• 27-04-2005 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

Has anyone gotten this in the shops yet? I asked around in HMV, Virgin etc and they said that its released, but they dont have it, HMV went as far as to say it wasnt being released in Ireland :mad:

Anyone have any news on this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It should be in your local video shop this Friday!

It's released and in stock on Play.com right now.

PS - HMV are speaking outta their arses, as usual!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Real good film

Just download it

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭allin-king

basquille wrote:
    It should be in your local video shop this Friday!

It's released and in stock on Play.com right now.

PS - HMV are speaking outta their arses, as usual!

eh no their not,

It isn't released in Ireland because Paramount Studios are not bothered to pay for passing this film through the Irish Censors office.

It will be the sanme for Garden State which is released in UK next week

allin-king wrote:
    eh no their not,

It isn't released in Ireland because Paramount Studios are not bothered to pay for passing this film through the Irish Censors office.

Can you prove this? Perhaps a link to a statement confirming this?

i work indistribution company suppyling Video shops,

and i deal with the film studios, can't find a link but its definetly true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Just buy it online. I bought it in January on region 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.

allin-king wrote:
    i work indistribution company suppyling Video shops,

and i deal with the film studios, can't find a link but its definetly true
    I seriously find it hard to believe they won't release either 'Garden State' or 'Napolean Dynamite' over here.

Both sleeper hits and great films.... yet they'll release any oul crap starring Anthony Anderson, Tom Arnold or Pauly Shore (on that note.. whatever happened to Pauly Shore?!)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

allin-king wrote:
    eh no their not,

Whuh? The film's already passed through the Irish Censor's office otherwise it could never have been shown at the cinema. Does it need to be passed a second time for video? I didn't think that it did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

I'm guessing that it would have to go through again for home/DVD releases because
    1. There's no guarantee that the cinema cut is the same as the one on the DVD, except paying the IFCO to check it.
    2. Each of the extras on the DVD also has to be checked and classified.

Checking now to find out more. Man, I wish Threadkiller was still around.

• Advertisement

ixoy wrote:
    Whuh? The film's already passed through the Irish Censor's office otherwise it could never have been shown at the cinema. Does it need to be passed a second time for video? I didn't think that it did.

Yep it needs to be passed for home viewing, btw what i'm saying is fact and its not like i agree with it as it means less sales and as i pre sale titles to customers a month in advance and had sold a good few Napoleon Dynamite for Rental & Retail its bad news when the fim studios do this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

what's this about it not being sold?

i held it in my hands in tower records on the southside of dublin... was going to buy it but casshern was #1 on my list of dvd's :)

maybe they used their UK account and bought it in the uk. look ring sony music in ballsbridge they are the official distributors of Paramount product in Ireland and ask them you because this is going nowhere and why is it such a big deal anyways you probably all buy off play or amazon anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Aye - Tower frequently use this loophole to sell 'banned' movies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

ixoy wrote:
    Yeh it happens some times that films come out with different age restrictions on video than in the cinema.

I assume this is because films in the cinema are less accesible to children because they have to go up and buy the ticket and if they get someone else to buy it for them they'll most likely get asked how old they are when going up (only if they look REALLY young... I've never seen someone getting refused other than 12 year olds going for 18s movies) but with a DVD they can get a friend to rent it for them.

The only example I can think of was Spawn years ago which was 15s in the cinema and 18s on DVD (although I think this might have had something to do with the directors cut)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

basquille wrote:
    I seriously find it hard to believe they won't release either 'Garden State' or 'Napolean Dynamite' over here.

Both sleeper hits and great films.... yet they'll release any oul crap starring Anthony Anderson, Tom Arnold or Pauly Shore (on that note.. whatever happened to Pauly Shore?!)

Oh no, no overhyped, overrated Garden State on DVD? Big loss there.

It's acutually quiet common for films to get a higher raing on dvd than in the cinema. The two most recant examples of this are City by the Sea which went from 15s to 18s on dvd and Spun which went from not getting a cinema rating to getting an 18s on dvd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I am MAN wrote:
    Real good film

Just download it
    Yes, I just don't think it's worth watching again so I wouldn't buy it - but I'm sure a friend has a copy or you can get it in extravision. There is very little replay value in it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Anyone watched the special feature "The Wedding",a behind the scenes thing. Is this a preview to a sequel to Napolean Dynamite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

Its just something they added in when the movie went on general release because, well, why not? Fox gave them the money to do it. Looks like it cost as much as the film itself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

But isn't it just a making of feature? Where can we see the full thing?

Advertisement