Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israeli Pullout of Gaza - Confusion

Options
  • 27-04-2005 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭

I haven't really paid too much attention to the planned Israeli pullout of Gaza, but it sparked my interest today when I saw a news story about the protests that were going on before it happens.

Before I post my questions, I want to make to clear that I am neutral with relation to the Israel/Palestine situation.

Here are my question..

1. What is the present legal status of the Gaza Strip? Is it considered to be part of the state of Israel?
    2. Are the settlers that are being removed, people who just turned up on a piece of land somewhere in Gaza, claimed it as their own, and forceable removed the existing owners?
    2. The settlers that are being removed, where are they going? Has Israel built new accomodations for them?
    3. If an Israeli purchased land off a Palestinian in the Gaza strip, and holds the legal documentation to prove s/he is the owner, will s/he be forced to leave too?

Please excuse my ignorance on these matters.
    I've never really paid too much attention to it on the news - I find suicide bombing attrocious, but equally, I find some actions of the IDF heavy handed and disproportionate

Iceman_2001_ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement