Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Batista - Flop or Not?

• 27-04-2005 1:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

I'm interested to see whether Batista will hang on to his title at Backlash or whether Triple H's campaign to beat (or at least equal) Flair's record of titles continues. Before Wrestlemania I said I felt once Batista's storyline with Evolution ended that he would prove to be a poor champion. I stand by that. I think Batista is a terrible champion and after watching Raw on Monday, it's clear WWE fans are not afraid to boo Batista since Christian got a better response from the crowd. Word in the WWE is that they are far more confident with Cena as WWE champion than Batista as World Champ and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Triple Naitch becomes an eleven-time champion after Sunday.

What's your view? Is Batista a flop or not?

Batista - Flop or not? 12 votes

Yes, he's a flop!
    0% 0 votes
    No, he just needs more time.
    100% 12 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

First off I have nt seen raw yet but apparently he got a failry big pop initially coming out and it was during the match that the crowd stated to side with Christian. I think that has more to do with the level of support over here that Christian has rather than Batista being a flop. That would never have happened in any city in the US. In regargs to him being a flop ?Thats way too early to say. It does n't help him when Raw is still centred around HHH. Even when he does n't have the belt its promoted that hes no longer the champ rather than Batista or Benoit or Jericho BEING the champ. So that does n't help. So I say you got to give him a chance and I hope it works out because then your back to square one again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

First off I have nt seen raw yet but apparently he got a failry big pop initially coming out and it was during the match that the crowd stated to side with Christian. I think that has more to do with the level of support over here that Christian has rather than Batista being a flop. That would never have happened in any city in the US. In regargs to him being a flop ?Thats way too early to say. It does n't help him when Raw is still centred around HHH. Even when he does n't have the belt its promoted that hes no longer the champ rather than Batista or Benoit or Jericho BEING the champ. So that does n't help. So I say you got to give him a chance and I hope it works out because then your back to square one again.

He did get a big pop initially on Raw there's no doubt about that but he's being marketed as the main face on Raw and the crowd turned on him during his match with Christian. He is descending down the same dark route that a certain Randy Orton went down and in my view he will be regarded as a poor champion. His in-ring ability is poor and his mic skills are not up to scratch. Why must we give him a chance? Because he's Triple H's pal? The American crowds may take a while to turn on him but send him out in Canada and those fans will tell him where he stands!

You should give him a chance because he's held the belt for all of 5 minutes. You cant judge someone a flop in that length of time. By summerslam you'll know exactly how good or bad Batista and his reign is/was.

He just needs more time?! He's 39!!! Where does this time come from? Batista is a flop and always will be. It's as simple as that.

You should give him a chance because he's held the belt for all of 5 minutes. You cant judge someone a flop in that length of time. By summerslam you'll know exactly how good or bad Batista and his reign is/was.

The real question is should he have been given the belt in the first place? This is a guy who in the last few months has defeated cleanly guys like Benoit, Jericho and Kane to name but a few. He then pinned Triple H cleanly at Wrestlemania after winning the Royal Rumble. I think any wrestler who accomplishes that deserves to be judged. In my view, he has not lived up to the hype. I don't think we have to wait until Summerslam to see that he is a huge flop. Benoit is ten times the wrestler he is. Do you honestly want to see Batista vs Triple H in a Hell In The Cell match? I'm pretty sure that will be the next Raw main event as I read that somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

***************SPOILER********
    <Higlight to read>

Seemingly, Vengance's main event has been set as Trips faces off against World Champ Batista in a Hell in the Cell...so it looks like, for today anyway, Dave is going to at least win one title defence.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

He just needs more time?! He's 39!!! Where does this time come from? Batista is a flop and always will be. It's as simple as that.

No its not as simple as that, you have made a ridiculous, baseless assertion. At Least Mr Nice Guy gave his reasons as to why he thought Batista is a poor chance.

My 2 cents on the matter are this. Batista is not WHC title material. His storyline going into WM would have made for a decent upper mid card feud. I dont feel he is a believable champ, simply as he has neither of the major ingredienst needed - ring skills or mic skills. His promos are short and easy, he ring work is poor for a main eventer. At least Benoit made up for his lack of mic skills with his excellent ring work, and vice versa for Cena (though I dont feel he is ready either, but that is a story for another day).

As for will Batista ever be up to the task, well, time will tell. Who would have thought that Eddie Guerrero would ever be champ. I think that Batista was rushed to the top in order for the wwe to cover its muck it made of Ortons main event push. He should not have been given the belt at Mania either. As mentioned above, its still all about HHH anyway, so why not leave the belt on him?

I think Batista will win at Backlash in another piss poor match, leaving us have to suffer this godawful feud for at least another month.

gimmick wrote:
    No its not as simple as that, you have made a ridiculous, baseless assertion. At Least Mr Nice Guy gave his reasons as to why he thought Batista is a poor chance.

:o:o:o

So thats your response? :rolleyes: Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

why dance around it, we were given a weak WHC in Batista so that HHH can carry on doing the Naitch title thingy

WHich is a really pity, because yet again without HHH in the main event, and the belt on someone decent (benoit/jericho) we could be given loads of high quality matches, instead of watching HHH plod around like the former steroid induced muscle bound snail that he is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Give him back his collection box!!

Seriously though, still haven't made up my mind on batista. JBL in my mind turned out to be a good champ in the end (admit it, you miss him) even though it took him the best part of six months for him to grow on me. Now we know that batista will never get a six month reign so my guess is he will flop unless something drastic happens in the near future.

I think history will judge JBL as one of the worst champions of all time. Whether Batista will suffer a simlar fate remains to be seen but I'm sure he'll be regarded as a flop. Personally, I think he already is. I'm shocked that the current poll results show fans think he needs more time. He has been given a big push and he has failed to deliver on it!

I think history will judge JBL as one of the worst champions of all time.

Randy Orton anyone?

I think the opposite. JBL was not a main eventer per sé when he took the title last July, but he improved very much as time went on. As a heel champ, he didnt do too much wrong IMO. I think alot of the anti JBLisms come from the fact that he was very poor for the first few months, but after that, he went from strength to strength, in fact, I would put him on a par with Sgt Slaughter as one of the best heel champs in the last 15 years. He infuriated the crowd by his awesome promos, and while his wrestling skills are sub par, his selling, and his juicing made up for it.

However this thread is about Batista, so.....
    Whether Batista will suffer a simlar fate remains to be seen but I'm sure he'll be regarded as a flop. Personally, I think he already is.

It seems you made your mind up about JBL very early as well, and had a midset against him straight away. Batista would make a better heel champ, but he has been champ for 25 days, hardly enough time to make a valued judgement???

He has been given a big push and he has failed to deliver on it!

How so? The fans are still behind him. He hasnt even main evented a PPV as champion yet, so how can he have possibly failed.

Im not arguing that he may not deliver, but lets wait and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

gimmick wrote:
    So thats your response? :rolleyes: Well done.

Thats well done LINNANE!! Just make sure next time gimmick.

My thoughts on Batista, as i said in the Backlash thread: He's another Ultimate Warrior. Loud music, big muscles, snort shout snot and sweat a bit, sorry a LOT and the best bit (and i nearly pi$$ed myself when i said to the lads as we were watchin Mania that he 's another Warrior and then as he's makin his comeback in d match what does he do?) HE SHAKES THE ROPES!!

Again nearly pi$$ed myself watching Raw at his mic skills
    HHH: At Backlash your ass is mine!!
    Batista: NOOO AT BACKLASH THIS (points to belt) IS MINE!!
    OOOOOOH YAY! And i bet my dad could beat your dad.

It seems so long ago now that we were tuning in and sitting on the edge of our seats to see what some redneck knacker was gonna do to his boss next. Simpler times (looks longfully into thin air)....................*sigh*

gimmick wrote:
    Randy Orton anyone?

I think the opposite. JBL was not a main eventer per sé when he took the title last July, but he improved very much as time went on. As a heel champ, he didnt do too much wrong IMO. I think alot of the anti JBLisms come from the fact that he was very poor for the first few months, but after that, he went from strength to strength, in fact, I would put him on a par with Sgt Slaughter as one of the best heel champs in the last 15 years. He infuriated the crowd by his awesome promos, and while his wrestling skills are sub par, his selling, and his juicing made up for it.

How did JBL improve as time went on? His title matches were a joke. His win over Taker at Summerslam was a farce when he won by DQ as this was the same way he beat Guerrero at Judgment Day. "I guarantee victory" equated to I will win by DQ. The match at Summerslam was appalling and the fans in Toronto didn't even watch it. Every title defense involved cheating of some kind and he was never made to look like a real champion. He was an experiment by Vince who let his pride get in the way of doing the right thing and taking the belt off him. I DO like JBL's mic work and I think if he is given a run without the belt he can be a big asset for Smackdown but I think his title reign ranks up there with David Arquette's. I would also say his heel heat was 90% down to the fans seeing him as unworthy to hold the belt - False heat.
    gimmick wrote:
    It seems you made your mind up about JBL very early as well, and had a midset against him straight away.

In fairness, what wrestling fan didn't have it in for JBL when he was given the belt? I just don't like titles being given to people based on politics backstage. I favour champions who earned their titles. Guys like Benoit and Guerrero.
    gimmick wrote:
    Batista would make a better heel champ, but he has been champ for 25 days, hardly enough time to make a valued judgment??

I disagree. You yourself mentioned Orton as a bad champ. How long did he have the belt? A month or so. Batista is in the top position and deserves to be judged. His in-ring ability is average as are his mic skills and if the British fans will root for Christian over him, what makes you think other crowds won't turn on Batista? If you're supposed to be top face you must be able to attain the most support.Batista doesn't.
    gimmick wrote:
    How so? The fans are still behind him.

Are they? Or is it that they just despise Triple H and the prospect of yet another title reign from him? I would say the fans were behind his storyline but now that's over, people will turn on him in my view. Monday showed this for the first time.
    gimmick wrote:
    He hasn't even main evented a PPV as champion yet, so how can he have possibly failed.

In the same way that Orton had failed prior to the Unforgiven PPV in which he lost his belt. There are murmurs of discontent in the WWE about Batista as champion just like with Orton.

Good points by both Mr nice guy and gimmick but i reckon JBL was a class champ because he was an old school style champ! Yeah he won the majority of times by cheating (thats what heels do ....cept Angle WOOOOOO!) and ya at the start maybe a lot of his heat was false heat but towards the end people were tuning into to hopefully see him being beaten, an Iron Sheik of today if ya like and if anything i think a lot of us who feel this way were genuinly disappointed in the manner of how he lost at Mania.

TOPDAWG wrote:
    Thats well done LINNANE!! Just make sure next time gimmick.

My thoughts on Batista, as i said in the Backlash thread: He's another Ultimate Warrior. Loud music, big muscles, snort shout snot and sweat a bit, sorry a LOT and the best bit (and i nearly pi$$ed myself when i said to the lads as we were watchin Mania that he 's another Warrior and then as he's makin his comeback in d match what does he do?) HE SHAKES THE ROPES!!

Yeah I noticed him do that on Raw against Christian and it reminded me of Warrior! At least Warrior had decent music though unlike that melancholy guitar crap Batista has.
    TOPDAWG wrote:
    Again nearly pi$$ed myself watching Raw at his mic skills
    HHH: At Backlash your ass is mine!!
    Batista: NOOO AT BACKLASH THIS (points to belt) IS MINE!!
    OOOOOOH YAY! And i bet my dad could beat your dad.

It seems so long ago now that we were tuning in and sitting on the edge of our seats to see what some redneck knacker was gonna do to his boss next. Simpler times (looks longfully into thin air)....................*sigh*

I agree with you. He might as well have called Triple H a big dork! One wonders if Triple H is actually giving him lously lines on purpose in order to turn the fans against him! We're told Triple H has a hand in the writing after all! With that said, here's a preview of next week's Raw after Backlash:

JR: Thank you everyone for tuning in to Raw what a night we've got in store!
    King: You got that right JR we -
    ("It's all about the game and how you play it...")
    JR: What the hell is this?!
    King: It's Triple H he's gotta be p*ssed at losing to Batista at Backlash especially since Batista kicked out of Triple H's pedigree!
    JR: I've never seen that happen before ladies and gentleman!
    Triple H: Cut my music! BATISSSTAAAA!!!!! You think you're better than me?!!! You think you know how to beat the game?!!! Well you're wrong! Blah, Blah Blah, I'm the game etc. And at Vengeance, I will show the world how great I am when I beat you...in a Hell In The Cell match!
    JR: My God! My God! Hell In The Cell!
    (melancholy guitar strings)
    King: Agh! It's Batista!
    Triple H: What the hell do you want Batista? You got something to say to me you son of a b*tch?!
    Jr: Let's hear what our world champ has to say-
    Batista: Hunter, you suck (laughs) Also, you smell like dirty socks! And at Vengeance, I Batista will beat your butt big time!
    (American crowd goes nuts!!! We love you Batista!)
    JR: Now that's a fighting champion ladies and gentleman!

And right about then I think I switch off...at least until Benoit comes on.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Funny cos its true. Im also gettin fed up of every Raw being "historic" or "memorable" or "the greatest night in raws history"
    The last time Raw was any of the above was when Foley won the title for the first time on it as nobody saw it comin, now if there's a title match on raw ya dont even bother watchin. At least its changed hands on smackdown once or twice in recent years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

I have seen a few comments on this thread about how the american audience loves Batista and that as soon as he goes to Canada he will be shown what he really is...

Wasn't Monday night Raw live from birmingham though? And i have to admit that the crowd were 1000% into it!

OY wrote:
    I have seen a few comments on this thread about how the american audience loves Batista and that as soon as he goes to Canada he will be shown what he really is...

Wasn't Monday night Raw live from birmingham though? And i have to admit that the crowd were 1000% into it!

No Monday night Raw wasn't live unless it took place at 2am in the morning! The WWE dubbed cheers onto bits in which Batista was booed and according to one fan who went to the show, when Lita's face appeared for her short segment, the boos were so loud that the WWE removed the segment altogether. They then put it on when Kane's music was playing and they dubbed out a chant from the crowd who chanted "You're a slut!" There was also a piece in the Batista/Christian match which showed the crowd booing as Coach refused to count to three as Batista had Chrisitan pinned. Coach pretended to tie his shoes. We were led to believe the crowd were jeering this but according to a fan who went, the crowd actually cheered loudly when Coach did this! The WWE didn't like how honest the Brits were!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

Huh? :confused:

http://www.wrestleview.com/news2005/1114577854.shtml

Well then i guess i am wrong. I was watching it on monday night and went of what i saw. My Apologies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Yeah fooled me too, thx Nice Guy for show us the truth.

I wonder how many other times the WWE had to dub matches?
    I know the Lesnar Vs Golberg was dubbed when it went to DVD but i'm sure there were more than that.

Every title defense involved cheating of some kind and he was never made to look like a real champion

As Topdawg said, it was a very old school way of being champion, a lá Sgt Slaughter, iron Sheik etc.

As regards the supposed editing etc of boos and all, I wouldnt read too much into that. The fact that HBK gets regularly booed in NY hardly takes from his credibility, or that La Resistance getting cheered sporadically around the US....it means little really. Remeber, that report was from one guy, and its quite possible where he was, most were booing, but who is to say that in many other parts of the arena, they weren't cheering just as loudly.

Maybe you are right MNG, perhpas Batista is a flop. Time will tell that. Maybe if he wasnt in a consta-feud with HHH, he might be more entertaining? We'll see.

Look Im not part of the Batista fan brigade and by the way he's either 35 or 36. Regardless of his age my point is simple he's been champ for three weeks and your already passing judgement on him. See how he does at Backlash, See how he does at Vengeance. I mean right now the only indicator of how he's done is the ratings whcih again are high after mania but they were above 4.0 this week which at least suggests that people are retaining an interest in him, so give the guy a chance.
    In my opinion theres a type of wrestling fan developing these days with the "Victor Meldrew" syndrome which Im sometimes guilty of myself. Never happy unless there complaning. Is there alot to complian about? Absolutely but I watch wrestling because I love and I can still see the positives. I think alot of people watch so they can bitch about it like a 75 grandad saying "ooh I remember the good old days of wrestling". Anyway I kinda ranted on there. I'll shut up now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

I have only seen one Raw since Mania unfortunately. I though they did a great job of building Batista for Mania he got a long build up and it gave his character a presense. The one Raw I saw was the Raw after Mania and it was a H.H.H dominated show, same oul p!ss and moan about being beaten. I think given the proper direction Batista can become a good champ. Alot of people say he has a limited Arsenal of moves but if you think about it most of the succesful Wrester(They more than likely could do more moves) tended to stick to the same move set every match making them trade marks like Austin Lou Thesz Press followed by his running elbow drop, followed by a diving elbow drop which is met with a Stunner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

he cant sell!!!

i know the top guy isnt ment to look weak by falling at every punch but he has to make the match belivable, betasta dosnt do that he just undersells everything, this makes his comebacks suck. Hes been trained by hhh and flair and he is still only half desant in the ring. I wasglad to see new blood as champ but someone like christen who has a constant streem of grate matches like the one on monday where he bounced round the ring to make batista look good should be champ.

two questiions for every champ, can you draw money (betasta can)can you elevate stars ( betasta hasnt been given the oppurtounity but he had a graight match agenst christen witch night help him take another step up)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

The WWE didn't like how honest the Brits were!
    I think thats kinda cool, the new breed of fans that go against the grain but I can't help but wonder which way is better. When fans were a part of the show as in they supported the baby faces no matter how much they sucked or now that it seems new age Attitude/ECW era fans have built a tolerance to babyfaces that are shoved down their throats. Well all I'll say is I'll cheer Batista regardless especially if he dragged a kick boxer around a hotel lobby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

It seems to me that there is a growing vocal minority of fans who like to build someone up just so that they can knock them down again. I don't really see the point other than perhaps they get some sense of interaction with the show. Roll on Taboo Tuesday 2 :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭killeoin

The man can't pull off a decent promo! So of course he's a flop! Jesus!

Watch out for a swap with him and Cena at the upcoming draft to fued him against JBL. That will be the shocker of the year! The WWE realise there is no heat between HHH and Dave so apparently (if you believe what you read on the net) that could be in the pipeline!

• Advertisement

killeoin wrote:

The man can't pull off a decent promo! So of course he's a flop! Jesus!

:rolleyes: Ya, its as simple as that.
    killeoin wrote:
    Watch out for a swap with him and Cena at the upcoming draft to fued him against JBL. That will be the shocker of the year! The WWE realise there is no heat between HHH and Dave so apparently (if you believe what you read on the net) that could be in the pipeline!

Yes, because the 'dirtsheets' are so reliable, and that is why the main event poster for Vengeance doesnt reflect your above assertion. Unless you have backstage info?

gimmick wrote:
    :rolleyes: Ya, its as simple as that.
    For modern wrestling yes it is. The only people who actually care about stars wrestling ability are the smarts, not the average fans. Thats one thing Vince Russo was right on!

gimmick wrote:
    Yes, because the 'dirtsheets' are so reliable, and that is why the main event poster for Vengeance doesnt reflect your above assertion. Unless you have backstage info?

What does it matter!!
    We all know that they can mean absolutly nothing!! It shows Dave with the belt but ask yourself....how could they arrange another match if Dave won the rematch? It wouldn't make sence!

I dont disagree with you there, however, it will happen regardless of who wins at Backlash, simply due to the lack of other main eventers on Raw at present.

Rightly or wrongly (wrongly) HHH is the main event of Raw, and will be for sometime yet. Batista would be better served on SD, he could play a good heel character in the more Old School style that SD prides itself. Whether he will go in the draft, or later is anyones guess, but who knows if he is even welcome after his interview a few months ago, where he basically stated SD was stale and the fact its not live doesnt give it a good edge (not disputing, he is pobably correct, but he still probably annoyed alot of the SD talent).

yeah...i dunno about a lot of those interviews. I mean, remember JBL? he did the same thing when he first reinvented himself. Maybe Dave was trying to be a bit Old School coming up to the rumble & mania?

I wouldn't mind HHH if he turned face! He's a funny fella at times (remember the interaction with him and Dave when they were teasing the split?)...just cut out this badass thing. Its just tiring after how many years!

gimmick wrote:
    As Topdawg said, it was a very old school way of being champion, a lá Sgt Slaughter, iron Sheik etc.

As regards the supposed editing etc of boos and all, I wouldnt read too much into that. The fact that HBK gets regularly booed in NY hardly takes from his credibility, or that La Resistance getting cheered sporadically around the US....it means little really. Remeber, that report was from one guy, and its quite possible where he was, most were booing, but who is to say that in many other parts of the arena, they weren't cheering just as loudly.

Maybe you are right MNG, perhpas Batista is a flop. Time will tell that. Maybe if he wasnt in a consta-feud with HHH, he might be more entertaining? We'll see.

Regarding JBL, I've no problem with a heel cheating to win but at least do it in a clever way. As I said, the endings for Judgment Day and Summerslam were identical - JBL won by DQ. I think winning by DQ is an insult to thd fans anyway but twice is a joke. Why didn't Taker put JBL over? Because he didn't rate him.

As for the editing, I am absolutely convinced it was edited as if you watch the match on Raw it's clear the crowd reactions are not quite right. I actually noticed this myself when I watched it on Monday night but I never thought it was edited. With hindsight, it's clear it was.

HBK does get booed but the man is a legend in wrestling and Batista is nowhere near him. I'm only aware of La Resistance getting cheered in Quebec but that's to be expected. Batista is in the early stages of his title run but the omens are not good.

gimmick, you say time will tell whether he's a flop. I say time already tells it. The smarks in the wrestling world know he's a joke and while it will take a bit longer to convince casual fans, they will realise the same thing - Batista is unworthy of the belt and unworthy of the push he received. He's Triple H's buddy for crying out loud! That's the only reason he's in the position he is. It is a new version of the Clique!

a-hole, what wrestler are you lookin' at? Batista can draw money? What do you base that on?! How many people on this forum would be willing to pay for Backlash if it was on Sky Box Office? Be honest!
    As for elevating stars, how exactly does Batista elevate anybody by coming along and squashing them? Watch this Sunday when he kicks out of the pedigree! Batista is being elevated by his buddies in the business!

The people on the Batista band wagon need to realise you are supporting a man who has been built up by Triple H and Stephanie at the expense of wrestlers like Benoit, Jericho, Kane to name but a few. Can Batista work well on the mic? No he can't. Can he put on a good match? No he can't. Can he eelvate others? No he can't. Batista will be looked on as a bigger mistake than Lesnar. Batista is a Lesnar wannabe.

What I find to be so ridiculous, is that Ric Flair said Foley was not a great wrestler because he wouldn't be able to wrestle for 60 minutes straight. But would Batista?! Of course he wouldn't! Foley was a legend. Batista IS a flop.
    Roll on Vengeance when Triple H's ego will take over and crown him the eleven time champion in Hell In The Cell! Then watch Edge hold the belt alter on in the year! Someone pass me a sick bag...

Batista will be looked on as a bigger mistake than Lesnar. Batista is a Lesnar wannabe.

Lesnar had talent and actually could work the mic(as long as his squeaky voive didnt break thro). Are you sayin you didnt rate Lesnar or what?? :confused:

• Advertisement

TOPDAWG wrote:
    Lesnar had talent and actually could work the mic(as long as his squeaky voive didnt break thro). Are you sayin you didnt rate Lesnar or what?? :confused:

No, I liked Lesnar as champion. I'm talking about in the eyes of the WWE. It's obvious there is deep regret within the WWE at giving Lesnar such a push. I feel there will be the same regret over Batista.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ahhhhh. All is understood. Didnt wanna get into the whole Lesnar thing again. Might as well have started on montreal again.................. I KID I KID!!! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

hes been a high profile star for over a year now and he has grown tremoundicly over that time (can you remember the deaken)if he keeps growing and learning he could be a graight champ but he needs more time with or without the belt he could grow the same way ortan grue, ortan would be redy for a title about now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Just an idea but he could probably keep it until Orton returns and then Orton would beat him for it. It seems a bit strange the night after wrestle mania when Orton challenged Batista even though his arm was broke.

a-hole wrote:
    hes been a high profile star for over a year now and he has grown tremoundicly over that time (can you remember the deaken)if he keeps growing and learning he could be a graight champ but he needs more time with or without the belt he could grow the same way ortan grue, ortan would be redy for a title about now

What's the point in giving the World Heavyweight Championship to a guy you say isn't fully grown? The Deacon was a lousy gimmick but Kane had a lousy gimmick in the early part of his career and was able to "grow" but where is he now? Probably about to lose to Viscera! Orton never grew in my view. His "growth" was stunted by giving him the title in such a hurried fashion. It probably set his career back a while in truth.

The truth is if Funaki was drafted to Raw and became pals with Triple H, we'd probably see him win the 2006 Royal Rumble and take the belt off Triple h at WM22! It's all politics and it's all a farce! You won't see me supporting an average wrestler with below-average mic skills and who has a lousy gimmick. (what is his gimmick actually?) Batista makes me miss Goldberg.

• Advertisement

I assume you have all seen Backlash by now or at least heard the results. Will you now accept that Batista is a flop?

I assume you have all seen Backlash by now or at least heard the results. Will you now accept that Batista is a flop?

I will! :D

I was pretty sure he was a flop, but now Backlash has convinced me. He's so bad. :(

Advertisement