Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prey

Options
  • 27-04-2005 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.prey.com

Don't come back here complaining you don't get it until you've at least had the page open a minute or two. It rocks.

Also, so this is on-topic and whatnot, more about Prey here and here, but really this is about the page.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

A 'Network Solutions: This page has been booked for a client' page. Deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Don't come back here complaining you don't get it until you've at least had the page open a minute or two. It rocks.

How hard is that to understand?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I'm gonna quote myself here

It also has goodies hidden in the source code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

How hard is that to understand??

I stared at it for ages waiting for the 'totally unexpected' some monster bursting through the screen type sh1te but nowt happened.

Silly me, I forgot to check the source code. :rolleyes:

This reminds me of the Kerryman joke about the piece of paper with 'P.T.O.' written on both sides of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

There is a flash animation that plays after about 5 seconds.

Anyone translated that binary number in the meta tag? I get 'infinity' when I tried :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

http://www.adcott.net/binary/ :)

Evil draws near. From beyond the veil of the world you understand. You cannot turn your back on your heritage any longer. From it you will draw strength. All your life you have rejected the ways of your ancestors. The beliefs of your people. But now you must embrace them, if you are to survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

saw that site a while ago, thought it was good as some of the links were
    portals
    native american
    alien
    etc

didnt work this time though

ahhh well

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

3D Realms must be running low on money, it actually looks like they're going to release a game :eek:

Had a quick look their forums and it looks like Duke Nukem Forever is scheduled for a showing at E3...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

stevenmu wrote:
    3D Realms must be running low on money, it actually looks like they're going to release a game :eek:

Had a quick look their forums and it looks like Duke Nukem Forever is scheduled for a showing at E3...

...in bizaaro world

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Jesus Christ! ... Prey is older than Duke 4! ... it was one of the original Quake killers announced around the same time as the first Quake 2 and Unreal announcments (ie about a year before they actually came out). But it was put in suspended development around the time Half-Life came out and was offically cancelled a few months later.

WTF is going on at 3D Realms!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

when you cant be arsed making a game then this is the best way to keep your fans loyal...:D

compared to valve who just piss them off between (insert years) games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

It'll be worth the wait for the amazing "portal technology" I remember reading about all those years ago.

Oh sweet baby Jesus, my sarcasm detector's going to blow! Protect yourselves with your copies of Duke 4 and Prey which have been out for over 4 years now....
    ...in bizaaro world

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Advertisement