Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

rds in june

• 27-04-2005 2:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭

anyone here think its a bit much that there hasnt been a seating plan for this event? it sort of looks at this stage that we will be buying tickets without a clue where they are and such. i emailed ticketmaster the other day asking if they were going to provide a seating plan and they said they were waiting for the rds to get back to them, i personally think this is very bad management to not publish a plan for people to see where they are booking, but should i expect anything else from ticketmaster?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Surely its bad arranging by the RDS, and not ticketmaster. But yes i do agree, considering some tix are €80, you would want to be fairly sure of a good seat. Its quite possible that the €80 tickest could be on the floor 10 rows back, while the €30 tickets are raised etc.

Looks like we will have to gamble a bit. Im aiming for €55 anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Trev C

Agreed, I cant seem to understand how they can sell/allocate a certain number of tickets at each price if they do not know the seating arrangment. For example say there are 5000 80 euro tickets sold but after confirming the seating arrangment the realise that they only have a seating plan for 4000 in this area, this would mean 1000 people could be sitting in a reduced price area but have paid for a more expensive ticket. It seems very strange, and first time I have seen it, where they can sell tickets without knowing the exact seating plan - how will they allocate blocks, rows and seats if they dont know ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Yeah that is extremely poor organisation on the RDS's part. It shows a lack of professionalism. They know they will sell all of the tickets no matter what so I reckon thats why they are so relaxed about organising the seats. What would happen if they sold too many tickets for the event? Could be a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Trev C

they might have to make the ring smaller to make room :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

What would happen if they sold too many tickets for the event? Could be a possibility.

There would be a freakin' riot, thats what!

Anyway, for those who are travelling, Jurys in Ballsbridge have a decent enough rate for triple rooms - €159 per room per night incl breakfast and parking. Plus AFAIK thats where the wrestlers have stayed the last few times!!! We are booked up anyways.

Now for the tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

I've heard that this is an outside event - is this true, fellow true-believers???

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

i answer my own question....directly from the wwe website

WWE SMACKDOWN! PRESENTS SUMMER BASH TOUR

Date: 06/18/2005
    Time: 8:00 p.m.
    Venue: RDS Stadium

On-Sale Date: Friday, April 29th

Ticket Information: Box Office, All Ticketmaster Outlets, www.ticketmaster.ie
    Ticket Prices: TBD
    Charge-by-Phone: 0818 719 300

Event Notes: Catch all the action and all the excitement of World Wrestling Entertainment when it makes its way to IRELAND!!! The following Superstars are scheduled to appear at RDS Stadium under the night sky including a very special appearance by Stone Cold Steve Austin!!!

Undertaker, John Cena, JBL, Kurt Angle, Booker T, Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, Torrie Wilson, Rene Dupree, The Bashams, Orlando Jordan, Paul London, Scotty 2 Hotty and many, many more!

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH with Stone Cold Steve Austin as Special Guest Referee
    John Cena vs. Kurt Angle vs. JBL

Advertisement