Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

best value laminate floors?

• 27-04-2005 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

hello
    Could anybody tell me where the best value laminate floors in Ireland can be found? I am looking for about
    35 sm.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi freddie,

Not trying to be smart but your question is along the lines of how long is a piece of string.

There are almost as many different types of laminates as there are prices, maybe you could give some more info ?

For example there is there is 6mm, 7mm some click together others are glued, then you have plywood backed with natural oak, maple, cherry, etc.

Some, ok a lot of the products represent "You get what you pay for" then equally there are some that are no different in quality just happen to be in a different shop.

Look forward to hearing from you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

freddie wrote:
    hello
    Could anybody tell me where the best value laminate floors in Ireland can be found? I am looking for about
    35 sm.

thanks
    best value or cheapest?

B&Q doing laminates for about €5/sq m

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Lex Luthor wrote:
    best value or cheapest?

B&Q doing laminates for about €5/sq m

Suitable only for bedrooms, laminate of this quality range would not fare well under heavy traffic associated with a kitchen or entrance/reception area.

kadman :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

kadman wrote:
    Suitable only for bedrooms, laminate of this quality range would not fare well under heavy traffic associated with a kitchen or entrance/reception area.

kadman :)
    agreed, I have them in my bedroom....was 1/4 of the price of the carpet and will do for the next few years until the smallest fella id old enough that he won't be puking all over the place :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Macy

I actually wondered about them for our spare bedrooms, but thought at that price it might be a false economy even at that price. Interesting, must take a spin up there over the weekend....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭freddie

hi guys sorry for the delay!
    What I am looking for is good quality, realistic flooring without the cost of real wood flooring! was thinking of "Quick-step" 950 textured laminate, or similar. So far
    its working out at €26-€32 a square metre! a bit much I think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

Just had the Quick Step 950 put in from Des Kellys free underlay and free fitting. Works out at just under the 30 Euro. They had the three rooms done in 3 hrs. Nice job.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭freddie

thanks garyh3
    did you get the quick-step laminate with the "v" groove?
    how does it look/feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Neverends

Garyh3, can I ask how you got free fitting from Des Kelly? We are being quoted about 35 from them and are considering doing it ourselves to save money but it would be great to get them to fit for a professional finish and to save time. Thanks.

Sorry been away

The free fitting was a sale they were having in FEB 2005 You just have to look out every week in the local papers becuase they dont seem to tell you in store. At the moment they are doing "Make us an Offer" so I would suggest asking, as initially I was going to put down myself as they offered to do it for about 600 Euros for the three rooms.
    If you are going to do it yourself there is a Quick setp video you can download I think on the web site, which gives you full instructions, you will probably need the Quick step install kit also. But looking at the guys doing my floors I would probably have a go myself next time it looks real easy.
    We got the V-Grove perspective and it looks great, you can also get the V-Groove perspective 4 which is all 4 sides has the groove to really look like a plank.

They also do the Quick step Skirting or Des Kelly have an alternative which is just as good for half the price of Quick step Skirting.

How does it feel...

Fantastic. The wife was a bit worried as it was laminate but once you have the dust off it looks really great.

Garyh3

• Advertisement

Just reading today in the Herald. Seems Des Kelly is doing free fitting on wooden floors. Dont know if its just the super Click though or Quick-step also.

regards

Gary

Advertisement