Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calories in a standard Abrakebabra kebab?

• 27-04-2005 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Though it's easy enough to research the calorie content of normal or most branded foods, I haven't a clue how to proceed with this one.

I've found one site which reckons a normal kebab with mayonnaise to be something like 600kcals per 100g but finding a 'per kebab' indication (or even what the weight of an Abrakebabra kebab should be) is proving more difficult. Short of buying one...

The reason isn't as bizarre as you might suppose. I'm trying to estimate the calorific content of a night out combining drink and bad food and, even assuming 600kcals per kebab, the results are truly frightening.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Do Abrakebabra have the nutritional information available in the restaurants? Kinda like McDonalds and Burger King do. I thought I read somewhere that they do. You're right about the calorific content of a night out, pretty shocking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

They used to have literature on the values, always had a % of "ash" listed in their food.
    Thing is all abra's, though franchises, are totally different in their servings. My favourite is the one off grafton street. If there is a 2 for one kebab meal and you go to the o'connell street one they give you next to nothing. Whereas I have had big macs in many countries and they are all nearly the exact same.

supersize me is on ch4 tonight

Advertisement