Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pillar 1; BOP 0

• 27-04-2005 4:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭

Heh, I was standing outside the player's theatre, waiting to meet someone, and out flounces an EXTREMELY camp man and a REALLY OTT bop. I mean, sunglasses, ugg boots, and this horribly over-affected amalgamation of D4/west brit/valley girl accent, you know the type..

She's prattling about how she borrowed "mummy's handbag" (the guy comment on mummy's FABULOUS style), and how she has to crimp her hair for later (which takes an hour, apparently), and how she doesn't want to look like a classmate who's "like SOOO daggy today, I mean, does she have a mirror?"

Anyways, they're haw-hawing and throwing shapes (I'm rolling my eyes) and she's looking back over her shoulder talking to her pally, and she trips over her own (ugly) boots and faceplants into one of the wooden pillars! I nearly had kittens laughing!! The look on her face, it was just sheer "unnnghch". Which shortly turned to one of pure malevolence due to me standing there and laughing my arse off at her..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

sweet........ hate vacuous stupid people myself.

Normally, I simply ignore such people - my favourite phrase to throw back at them is that I'm studying medicine, which silences them swiftly........

...but at such times, I too would have a great auld snigger.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Oh I did, I couldn't stop myself either..my friend came along and thought I was stoned.

Seeing as it's exam time and everyone needs cheering up, anyone else got any funny (BOP-related?) stories?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

What does BOP stand for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Blonde Orange Pink

as far as I know..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭Scruff101

That's funny I needed a laugh..it has been one of those days in the library where I spent the whole day in there and it seemed the rest of the college were sitting out in the sun, yet I appeared to get very, very little done!!! Ah well maybe tomorrow!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Blonde Orange Pink

as far as I know..

Blonde (highlighted) hair
    Orange (fake tan) face (known as 'ooomp loompas' or the 'orange ppl' in ucd)
    Pink (clothing, ralph lauren shirt (collar up) or sweatshirt with 'cute' message)

BOPs are also known by their navy o'neills trackie bottoms and immaculate make up. Tracksuits and make up? i know, it confuses me too...it's, like, ohmigod!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

So thats what it means. I thought it was something much dirtier

blonde for the hair
    orange for a certain alchoholic beverage
    and pink for.......well you get the idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

almost forgot these cards existed...used in honour of my own usage of OMG.

bessbop.jpg

Advertisement