Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPSA Website is now up

Options
  • 27-04-2005 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi All , I am pleased to announce that the website for the Irish Practical Shooting Association (IPSA)is now up and running, You can access the site on www.ipsc-ireland.org . The intention is to upgrade and expand the site as we go forward and my HTML skills improve .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Longslide45

Good on yer Old Zed!! :D
    Another small step done for Irish shooting sports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

oldzed wrote:
    Hi All , I am pleased to announce that the website for the Irish Practical Shooting Association (IPSA) is now up and running, You can access the site on www.ipsc-ireland.org .
    Terrific stuff, I have no excuses now :D
    oldzed wrote:
    The intention is to upgrade and expand the site as we go forward and my HTML skills improve .
    Might I respectfully suggest you don't use Microsoft Word to generate your code? It makes up loads of spurious code (layout stuff from it's main purpose as a word processor) that will give people with older browsers problems. Up to date browsers (latest versions of IE, Firefox, etc) will display it adequately, but there's still a lot of surplus code in there that has to be up and downloaded.
    If you don't want to get into the nuts and bolts of HTML and would prefer a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) solution, FrontPage does a decent enough job (better than Word!) if you want to stay with Microsoft, and Macromedia Dreamweaver is also well regarded in the web site creation community.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Or you could try something like Nvu, which is simple to use, powerful, runs on windows, linux and macs, and is free and open-source.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭macnas

Good Job Z!!!

Advertisement