Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash game programming

Options
  • 27-04-2005 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

I have 4 days to develope a flash game, with some design concepts inot it.
    Whats the best plan of action? start from scratch? use decompilers and change the code? if so any goods ones available?

any feed back would be good i am new to flash but i imagine it cant be that hard to pick up!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

smear1 wrote:
    i imagine it cant be that hard to pick up
    Say thee why?

What do you need it for? Work? College? What "design concepts" do you need?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭PhantomBeaker

Um, it can actually be quite hard because the debugger is an absolute whore! And it doesn't take money!

How much programming do you know beforehand?

As for if it would be easier to decompile or to create your own. It depends on what you're decompiling and the decompiler - i.e. if it provides anything in any way readable. Even if it's readable it could be difficult. I mean, trying to decipher other people's code can be really really difficult. Plus if you happen to decompile one that doesn't display any "design concepts" you're still as screwed.

Best plan, get your hands on the Macromedia docs that you get with the Flash trial and speed read them. They're very useful, even if you know very little. You can bunny-hop between chapters that interest you.

So, yeah, manuals would be the best bet.

Take care,
    P.B.

Advertisement