Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billy Corgan plays Ambassador June 17

Options
  • 27-04-2005 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭

no idea what he'll be playing or if he'll be reading from his poetry book but i'm more than happy to fork out the ridiculous €45 for an intimate show with the godly figure :)

www.ticketmaster.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

He has new solo material which I suppose he would be playing. A poetry reading by the man himself might be a bit too painful or even worse, his short stories!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

It's the Ambassador, I just got my tickets :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

Anyone selling a deceased mule?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Tombo

No but I hear that there's a body flogging one in the ambassador on June 17th.

Seriously though, in my humble opinion it is insane spending that much money to go see a bald chappie when it is unclear what he will even be doing. Have you read any of his poetry or short stories? Is this a bit like paying money just to be in the same room as the man himself? Fair enough the SPs were phenomenal and I love them dearly but I'd want to be sure what I was doing before forking out this sum. Compare it to Weezer for thirty quid in Vicar St. In terms of pure value (whether or not you like Weezer) there is no comparison. Why are people always trying to rip off fans? This is milking them good and proper. My 2c.

PS I'm not attacking you Knobbles, I hope it doesn't sound like I am. You are a fan and I just think you are being fleeced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

ah yeah i know what you're saying tombo,
    i did mention "ridiculous €45" knowing well that it's a rip off, ticket prices have put me off going to several gigs of interest in the last year, but there's gonna be a few essential ones now and the hefty price won't deter you

will be disappointed, like most people, if he doesn't play a few pumpkins tunes,
    but, for me, not going(in fear of a disappointing gig) is more of a risk
    than going and not knowing what to expect.
    could be great, could be crap but until i find out i'm looking forward to it :)

i've no interest in his poetry nor his mysterious album concepts(machina :rolleyes: ), if he starts i'll be one of those pricks yapping by the bar at the back!

• Advertisement
Advertisement