Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mode 1 Psychology

Options
  • 27-04-2005 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭

Anyone got any last minute tips for 1st Arts students trying to get through to psychology next year. I've ony just realised i dont really like my other two subjects and i'm starting to panic about being stuck with them next year.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

Psy is easy to study. But good look getting one of the 30 places.

All the notes are on Blackboard (except history of psy) so once you've gone to the lectures know and understand the notes you should do well enough (I hope. I'm doing the exam with you - but not trying to do it next year).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

yea theres major study involved. you should remember that every year there are people repeating 1st year psychology in the hopes of getting into the top 30 for second year, so the competition is pretty stiff.

good luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Sarz

I'd imagine it would be pretty easy to get in. The majority of the class won't be bothered studying.

Once you know everything and can write a lot about it you should be fine.

What other subjects are you doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭elbee

Just make sure you pass the other two, you need to pass all three first time around to qualify for any Mode 1 courses. Passing is easier than excelling though.

No tips myself as I never did Psychology, but best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Did psych, the only bit that annoyed me was the history part, friend of mine got first psych last year-however we didn't see her for the whole year...which is she made up for this year in bundles though....however in saying that, a friend of hers got in and she claimed it was down to last minute cramming-so there is hope! Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Sarz wrote:
    I'd imagine it would be pretty easy to get in. The majority of the class won't be bothered studying.

Once you know everything and can write a lot about it you should be fine.

What other subjects are you doing?

Eh, dunno about that approach. Majority of the class?! 30 places?! That's some nice calculations there! Unless things have changed your facing stiff competition. As mentioned, there are people repeating the entire year with the sole aim of beating you. Plus, even if you get a good grade there will probably be a large amount of others at roughly the same mark. You can score well and still be way down on the rankings. That doesn't mean you can't get it but you'd wanna make sure you try.

Honestly my advice is to quit procrastinating for the next few weeks and study your arse off. This should be the last post you read until the exams end.

Advertisement