Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art Practical paper

Options
  • 27-04-2005 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭

I hear the Art practical papers are unleased sometime this week, luckily for me I don't get mine until next Tuesday, so I have an extra weekend to get the preparation work done and dusted.

If it's no hassle can someone post up one or two of the caligraphy pieces by any chance? Even themes would suffice, give my brain some time to think about what I'm supposed to do.

Besides that, how's everyone feeling about the exam itself?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Looking forward to it. Though I have a feeling there going to give some pretty ****ty titles, I'm liking the idea of spending a week doing nothing but drawing/painting. Should be a nice break from all the other sh!t..
    Plus, the exam almost seems...fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭cessy

got the paper today cuz wont be in tomorrow its all grand still life really good lots of organic stuff one with a ship theme!!! craft is grand though theres a scarf in one of the poses for life drawing but hey!!
    im looking forward to the exam did bad in mocks but it was marked easy enough!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

we got ours a couple of days ago, cant say im too impressed with them. I hate Art now, i cant wait till its over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭cessy

hey dont b so gloomy its not that bad unless ur craft theme is bad but its so vague work around it
    *smile* it cud av been worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 CoffeeFreak

Got the craft paper today...I'm doing the poster and was quite disappointed with the choices. I'm gonna do the 'music, food for the soul' one...Did anyone get the still life/imaginative composition one yet? If so, what's it like?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭dross

can someone say something about the calligraphy poems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Got ahold of the two caligraphy pieces yesterday;

…in the green ruins, in the desolate walls
    of antique places, where man hath been
    Through the dun fox, or wild hyena, calls,
    And owls, that flit continually between,
    Shriek to the echo, and the low winds moan,
    There the true Silence is, self-conscious and alone

“Bladma” – Tom Joyce

You could see the glow of the bonfire from the edge of town. I parked in a small clearing
    behind the church, put Caroline into the sling, and wrapped my coat around her, so that
    only her head, in her woolen cap, peaked above the buttons of my coat. She had settled
    done some since late afternoon, and I thought she would probably sleep as I walked
    around.

“Strange Fits of Passion” – Anita Shreve

Nothing's coming to my mind yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

I got it too, ones with New york in the winter and some guys ideas, and one about a carnival and circus and stuff. im gonna do the Advertising one on the circus and something else.

I have mine thursday and friday. Was going to do some work on it now but my hands are in bits from playing drums. Cant even hold a pencil...

Advertisement