Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uh Oh

Options
  • 27-04-2005 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I can't view Bargain Alerts for some reason, it says:
    cormie, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Have I been banned for some reason? How do I found out if I have been banned? I can't think of any reason, the last post I made in that forum was in a thread where some guy was selling a laptop for €200 and I just said it may be legit.

Any feedback appreciated, thanks.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

From that thread....
    Lemming wrote:
    me sighs

I didn't lock the thread initially in some sort of moment-of-weakness belief that maybe people might actually behave. But it's apparently too much to ask for people to not be muppets.

Thread locked.

Annnnnd the following are banned from the Bargain Alerts forum for being thread-spoiling muppets despite my request to keep things civil and on-topic.

cormie
    SteKelly
    lomb

Two weeks the lot of ye. All of you have very high post-counts and quite frankly, should know better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

assume its for this:
    Ah yeah, the good oul milk trick still.. at least you get milk!

He gave his mobile number which could be a source of identity however.

thread spoiling / putting people off the sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Oh so it was that. Damn, I didn't know backing up the seller that it may be legit was spoiling the thread, I was giving him support. Ah well, rules are rules, didn't realise that was considered spoiling. So would this be considered spoiling too? I don't see the difference really.

Chalk wrote:
    assume its for this:

thread spoiling / putting people off the sale.

What I meant by that was, why would he do a dodgy sale and give his mobile number if there is a chance he could be traced from the number. I was fully supporting his sale. I even sent him a PM asking about the laptop!! haha. Jeez.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Cormie

If you feel you were misinterpreted, i suggest you contact the mod in question and let him know in a pleasent and polite way. Mods are poeple 2 just like you, except they have to deal with the muppets of this world in an effort to make boards a nice place:).

V.

• Advertisement

Sure I'll send him/her a PM, not that fussed but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Cormie, you were banned for carrying on with the muppetry after I posted on the thread asking people to behave. Along with two others for the same. All three of you have very high post-counts (so should know better) which added to my decision.

I was just trying to back the guy up a bit after the flaming he was getting off everyone else. Didn't think I was "mis-behaving" or carrying on with any "muppetry". Anyway, I'm not gonna get into a ruckuss over something silly like being banned from a forum for 2 weeks. Plenty more things to worry about in the world.

Advertisement