Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How approachable are the security guards!!?

• 27-04-2005 9:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭

Has anyone ever had any contact with the security guards in Trinity before!? Just that a friend of mine had her bike stolen today.....I assured her they would be friendly & understanding but she said she feels completely intimidated by them!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Once you're polite, sober and don't expect them to do miracles they're genuinely a nice bunch of people..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭Scruff101

I think it's those yellow bibs that make her feel intimidated!! I think most of them are nice enough...then again...the only time I ever meet them is when they let me in front gates in the early hours!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Then I've had much worse experiences than you. But I've still no probs with them. They're not all high and mighty or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Granted, I've only ever nagged them repeatedly for keys to the music room, but I've found them to be bang on..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

They're a friendly enough bunch and like a bit of craic. Give them a friendly sock on the jaw and they will be your friend..........

• Advertisement

The old guy at front arch is Gerry, he's a sound old guy. Natters a tad bit, but good for the craic.

Just wander up to them and tell them your story! I've never found them anything but friendly really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

There are one or two who can be a bit ratty sometimes - theres one in goldsmith who tends to sit there and glare at you most of the time if its late-ish - but as security staff they seem quite approachable (personal opinions of some of em aside :))

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭ISAW

Scruff101 wrote:
    Has anyone ever had any contact with the security guards in Trinity before!? Just that a friend of mine had her bike stolen today.....I assured her they would be friendly & understanding but she said she feels completely intimidated by them!!!

Your friend is a bit silly. They are there to protect and serve. Harassment and intimidation is not in the job description. Maybe she has the same opinion of the Gardai? I hope not. They put up with a lot of guff and listen to all sorts of ****e especially on the weekends. You try staying sober and sytting at fronyt gate from ten till four when it begins to get quiter. I bet you wont last until one.

Go to front gate or to the HQ over by the rugby pitch and fill in a report. dont just tell someone. File a report and get a copy! dont expect the boke back. Dunnes have new mountain bikes on offer for 99 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭|Referee|

I met a lovely one i Kelleghers in Cork last Friday,
    was'nt lovely that night though he was drinking and mixing with the wrong company (woman)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

theres one in goldsmith who tends to sit there and glare at you most of the time

yeah that guys a cnut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

well one of the goldsmith security guards(the one i ran into all the time last year) is dead on anyway.... no probs with him last year, sound bloke

then again i'd no problems with any of em..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

Yeah, i think there's about 4/5 different guys (there is a set of twins) who regularly do the desk in goldsmith. they're all cool except for one guy who likes to tell people what to do in an abnormal way.

btw bobo do u play rugby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

nope

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Nollser

I'm sure most of the security guards are alright, but I've had run-ins with a few who are vindictive pricks. There's not much point in reporting your bike stolen, unless you want to make sure that the statistics they keep on bike-nicking scumbags are correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

I know the twins very well and everybody that frequents the buttery or the GMB.

The soundest of the bunch are the ones that work out in St. James's. They know almost everyone by face and most by name and are great craic indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

The front gate end guards are dead sound. Really friendly and willing to help. The ones in Goldsmith are fine apart from that one guy who is a Class A ****. There, I said it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Heh i think thats the one i was giving out about john :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

crash_000 wrote:
    Heh i think thats the one i was giving out about john :)

I'm sure he is, he's pretty notorious. He reported me to the junior dean once for sitting down on a jcr chair before an exam. Needless to say I never heard anything about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭gom

Myth wrote:
    The old guy at front arch is Gerry, he's a sound old guy. Natters a tad bit, but good for the craic.

Just wander up to them and tell them your story! I've never found them anything but friendly really.

Gerry Moles is a sound auld lad. He has plenty of stories to hear and is always a good laugh. One night I was at a gig and forgot to sign my gf in on the way out. I got the number for the security box and gerry answered. He actually signed me in!!! That was deadly

Advertisement