Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dance music production patner

• 27-04-2005 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

hey guys ive been into making dance/electronic music for years
    and i have been doing it on and off for years,im still an amature
    but pretty serous about it im looking for some one who is equally or more into producing dance/club music and who lives in south side dublin,every one's gotto start some where.

give me a pm or ask any questions if anything you wanna know

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

what are you using mate and what genre of dance are you making?Knocked up a couple of piano house tunes before myself and early breakbeat hardcore,havent really got the time now (or the equipment)best of luck anyway...... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭2tel1

Going to give production a go over the summer myself. Might get reason/cubebase and read them tutorials and spend some money!!!

Whats your music style/favourate artist, DJ ect. ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Im into music production. Living in Wexford at the moment so may not be of any use to you.

Into producing techno I use Fruityloops, Acid and Soundforge. Im currently looking for some African vocals so if someone could tell me where I could get some, Id really appreciate it.

Did you try any file sharing programme?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Cavman

i have reason 3.0 cubase sx 3.0 ive got all the computer equipment etc,im into dj'ing too but i'd have more off a passion for production,im pretty open to which genre dance music i start working on as i like most types from commerical to trance,i dont really agree on working on a genre, i think just start working on beats bass etc and at when its finished i can chose which genre it fits into,the reason for a parthner is i think 2 opion's are better then one and if some thing sounds good they can back it up or disagree etc,

cheers

• Advertisement

armand van helden mylo etc i like alot of commerical dance trance and alot of the classic ballaric dance,im pretty into the idea of remixing music too ive some experience in that field i dont really go by genre if its a song ill either like it or not

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Get your Leaving Cert out of the way first you waster... :rolleyes:

cheers james you loser lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

wrote:
    Im currently looking for some African vocals so if someone could tell me where I could get some, Id really appreciate it.

Africa...............? :D

Cavman wrote:
    armand van helden mylo etc i like alot of commerical dance trance and alot of the classic ballaric dance,im pretty into the idea of remixing music too ive some experience in that field i dont really go by genre if its a song ill either like it or not

cheers

:eek: Woha, bit too commercial for my liking. Whatever your into though. I'd like to make something different. I hate commercial dance and trance with a passion... :D

• Advertisement

i dunno i tend to think or commerical dance as successfull tracks,
    but im in2 nearly everything, i really like dance with funky vibes in it hard 2 describe,

i guess i wand to produce some thing diferent, some thing like no other songs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

planning on getting back into production myself this summer...
    gonna get myself a midi controller within the next few months and would definitely be on for a few collabs.
    i would be focussing more on the techier side of things though

i tend to think aswell if you put guys together would like diferent style's and genre's you can create something truely unique

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

tman wrote:
    i would be focussing more on the techier side of things though

Thats the stuff Tman :D

Africa...............?

I was thinkin about that but flights would be expensive. :p Just cant find any on the www.

I bet theres an Africian/Tribal singing club somewhere in Dublin or whatever city you live in/close to. Go for one class your and bring your minidisc with mic and reeeeecord. See its easy when you think about it... :cool:

for example i know chinese people hve nights in club during the week etc, where they play all there music just find out where all the nigerian go :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

hey cav.

Im in Glasnevin myself. Im pretty new to the musik thang.

I use Sonar 4 with a few VSTs and just bought Reason 2.5 second hand.

Perhaps a remix some time for the laugh.- Give us a shout if youre into it. Im non genre specific :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

womoma wrote:
    and just bought Reason 2.5 second hand.
    sucka! you paid for software!!, thats the funniest thing i've heard all day ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

You're an idiot.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Well if sucka's didn't pay for the software you wouldn't have anywere to start for music production

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

I think you both have valid points. -

The props, Cakewalk, Steinberg etc, need money to develop such powerfull products. But at the same time, many of them seem hugely overpriced.

Cakewalks Project 5-2, which is pretty much the same as Reason 3 but with the added bonus of being a VST and Rewire host, costs about half the price of Reason 3.

In my opinion, the argument that piracy puts up the price of software is to a large degree a cop out. Reason is relatively difficult to crack as you need the origional CDs, aswell as a fourth crack programme, so there are not that many pirated versions of Reason around, and the props still insist on charging about 400 euro for it.

If you read any of my posts on the after hours mp3 thread, youll see that Im generally in favour of sharing music wares, but software is different. I dont think people should use pirated software for commercial reasons, but feel it is often very expensive for the casual user/student.

It seems developers are coming up with new and better ways to copy pretect their software [steinbergs dongle] and judging by the way things are going, I think a time when much software is "uncrackable" is nearer than we think.
    Unfortunatly tho, I dont think that will mean prices coming down. I very much doubt it.

what was this thread about again? :p

Advertisement