Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Wind

Options
  • 27-04-2005 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/

This is amazing! it lets you zoom in on any place on Earth down to almost street level.
    it also has a lot more info, such as previous volcanic/earthquake activity, landmarks etc. its open source too so anybody can add their own stuff if they know how.

plus, when you zoom in, it creates 3d terrain, seriously amazing and worth a download!

ps sorry if its been posted before :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Hey nice link.. pretty amazing!!! Pity the resolution is not there for Ireland.. still you can see almst everywhere in Dublin :D

Great fun when i went to Chicago, clicked the US urban thing and then chicago resolved into a clearer image and when zooming closer to the small downtown area (smaller than dublins City ctr i think) the skyscrapers go all 3D.. its cool :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

aw man i never noticed the skyscrapers!
    ive spent (wasted even) hours and hours on this thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭|Referee|

I have bookmarked it but have as of yet not as such used it
    I will call in later,
    Jimmyriddle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

To save on your downloading, the latest version is bundled with this months (May) issue of PC Format No 174

A fantastic program!

Redman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

But that would involve buying a crap magazine ;)

thank god for broadband :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement