Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gerrard Toothache!!!!

• 27-04-2005 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

did anyone see gerrard messing with his jaw and his gums in the tunnel b4 the game???
    i thought it was strange and it turns out that he was missing from the team hotel all day because he had to have an emergency dental appointment and earlier today it didn't look like he would be able to play.
    He had to have special food made up for him cos he couldn't eat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,913 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I was thinking it looked like he had put on a few pounds, as his face had taken on a more mellor-like look to it. That would explain it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ianomccabe

yeah one side of his face was all swollen due to the treatment. couldnt believe it when i heard it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

yeah i noticed that too!

did anyone notice ranieri's translator on the sideline?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Heres the full story and given the cirumstances then I forgive Steveie G a poor night at the offy er office!.

IC Liverpool Always worth reading the Liverpool section
    LIVERPOOL skipper Steven Gerrard was at the centre of a hospital drama hours before the Champions League semi-final at Chelsea.

The Huyton-born midfielder had surgery to remove a painful mouth abscess after he suffered a sleepless night.

Dental surgeons treated him in time for him to play a key role in last night's match.

It is understood Gerrard, 24, had been suffering increasing pain for the past few days.

He was awake in agony at 2am yesterday, and after discussions it was decided to take him first thing in the morning to a nearby dental hospital in London.

The procedure to lance the abscess is understood to have been carried out successfully after Gerrard was given a local anaesthetic.

He returned to join up with his team mates before leading them out and playing in the Reds impressive 0-0 draw at Stamford Bridge.

Geoff Brown, dental adviser for Merseyside primary care trusts, said: "It would have been very painful.

"The purpose of the surgery will be to ease the pain but he would have felt very groggy after the anaesthetic.

"The antibiotics would also have taken their toll."

Richard Pedder of the Liverpool Supporters Club, said it was typical of Gerrard to play through the pain barrier. He said: "It shows what a team player he is."

Sean Sweeney from Bootle was also watching the game at Stamford Bridge. He said: "Gerrard is a hero through and through.

"He is not the sort of player that would let a toothache get in the way of a big game."

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

all is forgiven stevie g. the pool need a big one from him next week, now alonso is out. and undeservedly so might i add.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Now if only Baros had thought of that! ;)

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

ok, all is forgiven but he will need to make up for it Tue night and shove that grin up Mourinho's a$$....the breaking news that Mourinho has cooled his interest might spur him on even more.

Advertisement