Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeopathic bomb!

Options
  • 27-04-2005 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

A homeopathic bomb led to the emergency landing of a United Airlines flight in Chicago yesterday.

News item

I think this new threat could spell the end of air travel. Obviously, the more dilute the explosive in the bomb, the more devastatingly effective it would be. Yet, at the same time, it would be rendered utterly undetectable to any test known to science.

All homeopaths should be placed on a watch list, for a start.

[edit: very hard to spell 'devastatingly']

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Obni

davros wrote:
    All homeopaths should be placed on a watch list, for a start.
    This could be highly dangerous, because as the list grows each homeopath would form a smaller and smaller percentage of the list, and therefore would pose an even bigger threat! :eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Obni -

You've got it back-to-front.

> This could be highly dangerous

Until yesterday, there were no homeopathic terrorists, so the homeopathic threat level should have been infinite, since its dilution within the general threat level was zero. As further homeopathic terrorists turn up, the dilution of terrorists to humans increases and this causes the terrorists to become less effective and I suppose that a whole army of 10^400 homeopaths should have the no effect at all, at all.

Do you think I should contact the authorities with my findings? I think I might be onto something!

- robin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭davros

Or the homeopaths could just be shaken vigorously and diluted in a hundred parts of water. (Oops, did I get that the wrong way around?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Yossie

The threat level from these homeopathic terrorists gets even higher, since I have it on good authority that they use, not water, but Dihydrogen Monoxide (DHMO) to dilute their bombs! And we all know the damage that stuff can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

and this from the crowd that have the finger on the trigger....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Did you hear about the homeopath who forgot to take his medicine ?

He died of an overdose.

Maybe airlines should start carrying bombs on planes, as everyone knows the chances of having two bombs on a plane are so low that the risk is negligable. The only problem is that until they have a fair few of them the dilution rate will render the risk unacceptably high.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

even if they only put the bomb in the plane for a few minutes before taking it out sure wouldnt the plane remember having a bomb on board?

would be safer - no explosives on board, and little chance that there ever will be more than the one bomb [which isn't even there] on board to blow up!

Advertisement