Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Backlash Thread

• 27-04-2005 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Predictions for this weekends ppv.

hhhvbat2a.jpg

This will be a big test of Batistas mettle as champion. Probably a power spot fest with alot of juice. I reckon a Batista win, probably with a batista Bomb out of nowhere to finish it.

hogan.jpg

Theres only going to be one winner here. I would like to think that there might be a HBK heel turn here, but seriously doubt it. Could be a big chance for Hassan to shine, but I can only see Hogan pinning Daviri, therefore keeping Hassans unbeaten streak.

ic1.jpg

Little doubt that this one will be the match of the night. Both great wrestlers, who have proved time and again they can put on a great performance. I think Jericho will win the IC title for the 8th time here. Wouldnt surprise me if this is the opener. Hopefully we will get a good 20 mins here.

lms.jpg

Could be a show stealer. Both are very entertaining at the moment. I think Benoit will take this one, to push a gimmick for Edge of 'not being worthy of a title shot'.

kanevis.jpg

God help us. Poor Kane. He went from being an unstoppable monster pre WM20, now this crap. Who bloody cares???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

gimmick wrote:
    Predictions for this weekends ppv.

hhhvbat2a.jpg

Not too arsed about these two,really fed up of all the grunting and snotting and snorting we have to put up with for the first half hour and last half hour of raw these days and now the last half hour of ppvs but i think a Batista win. Hes basically another Ultimate Warrior and u could actually hear some boos from d birmingham crowd the other nite.......
    hogan.jpg

Unless there is a Hbk turn then this should really be a squash match for the "dream team".......they dont look like harchester united..........
    ic1.jpg

On paper should be the show stealer but cant remember their taboo tues match standing out. Still think its a step down for our Christopher but if it develops into an eventual long running feud, how bad eh! Fancy benjamin for it though.

lms.jpg

Should be a slobberknocker, should be a few spots in this one. Be really pi$$ed if Benoit doesnt get this one! Edge is having the most prolonged and drawn out push EVVVVVVER whereas Benoit is slidin away, he needs this for the spotlight push again. Hes too good to have to listen to JR on raw monday nite ONCE AGAIN saying "what a gutsy performance....." Has to be benoit for me!!
    kanevis.jpg

SAY MEN ON A MISSION!! SAY HOOOOOO! HOOOOOO!! OOOOOO! SAY HOOOO HOOO HOOOO!! This will be pi$$ break time me reckons, at least the Snitsky feud had a decent background (stupid plot i know) but as Gimmick said who cares?? Kane for this one.

Gimmick very fancy thread by the way! Becomin a habit for ya what with the WM one ya did as well man! Way too much time on your hands man!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Very nice thread Gimmick - Good to see some colour on boards.

My picks:

Batista to defend title. Setting up more of the same, probably in a cell. :D

HBK and Hogan to win. I dont think HBK will make his heel turn here. It would ally himslef with Hassan and Daviri which surely would be too much. Maybe just an argument with Hogan at the end and he walks off?

Benjamin to win against Jericho although it could really go either way. :confused:

Hmmm Benoit v Edge. Ill pick Benoit although I'm not sure why. Dont like either guy here really. Or at least haven't liked Edge for some time.

I think Viscera will probably pick up the win just to get more cut scenes with Trish on screens. Frikkin disgrace if he does though as Kane should be Champ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yeah, nice thread gimmick. My predicitons are:

Batista def. Triple H - No one can withstand the pedigree we've been told but it's clear Batista will and that he will kick out of this move during the match. Expect him to hit the Batista Bomb then and retain his title setting up a match at Vengeance in HITC.

HBK & Hogan to win - Hogan will pin Hassan I think. I don't believe the rumours that HBK will turn heel as he stated recently he won't turn heel if it will compromise his beliefs and he has spoken of how he has family fighting for America. It would be interesting but I don't see it happening.

Benjamin def. Y2J - Tough one to call. Y2J hasn't signed a contract yet with the WWE so for that reason I'll say Benjamin will edge it. I think we could very well see a heel turn or at least see Benjamin cheat to retain his belt. I've high hopes for this match.

Edge def. Benoit - Hate to say it since Benoit's my fav. wrestler and since I think Edge is a piece of you know what but it doesn't make sense to kill Edge's momentum by letting Benoit win. I hope Benoit wins but I can't see it happening. I just hope Edge doesn't win cleanly for that would be shameful and I hope the fans give Edge plenty of stick!

Kane def. Viscera - I'd like to see Viscera win actually but it really would be a shocker if he did. Kane did lose last year though so he might lose again!

You guys forgot about the tag match not that I blame you since the tag team division is crap these days. I'll say Regal and Tajiri to retain but I sincerely hope the Heart Throbs don't win!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭killeoin

No way is HBK gonna go heel! He's got a book coming out remember! It just wouldn't make sence for him! Its a lot easier to sell your book as a face opposed to a heel!

As for Backlash....Who cares!!
    Jesus! The WWE are just flooding us with PPV's. Over the last 12 months I'd say every single one of them as been a let down and I doubt this one will be any different!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^^^ No doubt Ric Flair felt the same when he was releasing his book. A HBK heel turn would be nice, but is highly improbable.

killeion wrote:
    As for Backlash....Who cares!!

No-one is asking you to watch it. And if you feel that every PPV in the last 12 months have been a let down, well stop watching wrestling then. You obviuosly dont klike the WWE product (which to be fair, is becoming quite a trend).

• Advertisement

I have been watching wrestling all my life!! Why would I stop watching it now!
    And in case you didn't realise there is more to wrestling than the WWE product!!!!

Thats why i said that many (maybe not here, but certainly in the US) are turning off wwe and watching indys/TNA/ROH etc.

All Im saying is that if you dont like the wwe product anymore, why watch it? Its the same as still watching the Dream team, when you know its crap and not as entertaining as it once was. Seems like too much effort.

well theres more to it than that....

I suppose first of all i couldn't be bothered staying up to watch it. (The repeat show is actually an hour longer with ads so no way!)

Second...If you look at skys schedule there are going half nd half. The good PPV's there putting on PPV and the poor ones on free (not free i know but sky sports). Its kinda hard to be bothered watching the free ones when I'll have to pay for the good ones.

BTW...off topic i suppose.....what the hell is with the soccer forum!!

What do you mean whats up with the soccer forum? Seems fine to me.

I forgot all about the tag match. That says it all about what they have done to the tag division when its just so un-noteworthy that it barely merits discussion.

I hope Kane beats Viscera. Why oh why is he such a mid carder now?

• Advertisement

killeoin wrote:
    BTW...off topic i suppose.....what the hell is with the soccer forum!!

yeah i cant post on it either! and therfore when im done ranting about batista i just have to rant at the wall when i rant about hows ambramovich's millions are ruining competition......... way off topic but any ideas how to subscribe to it?

You gotta post in the soccer access forums - Read the charter though cos banning happens alot in there.

yeah...they have some utter crap about getting sponsered by a current member first! Jesus...Talk about people on a power trip!!!

TOPDAWG---I think ambramovich has done a lot for the game. I mean before he came look at the state of the transfer market! His money had a drip effect and has got it going again!!

killeoin wrote:

TOPDAWG---I think ambramovich has done a lot for the game. I mean before he came look at the state of the transfer market! His money had a drip effect and has got it going again!!

ya might wanna take your blue tinted glasses off ya and as soon as i get accepted to the soccer forum we can rant about it!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Yeah, Soccer forum always concerned about it i am ;)

Anyway thought they would have put matches on the card then five, Seems a bit small for a three hour PPV and i dont think anything happened on Raw for them to add another match. I know their will be a Raw Diva Search bit but what else could fill any time remaining, It will probably end a half hour early anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Batista to beat HHH, we'll be spared another month without Triple H holding the belt..

HBK and Hogan to win, has to be them really. As a sidenote, I'd love to see Daivari do his finisher in WWE sometime http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/s/shawndaivari/02.jpg

Shelton to win, hopefully. Don't want to see Jericho getting stuck back in the IC division

Benoit to win, just because I can't stand Edge. I actually was coming around to liking him, but it's impossible to get behind him at all now

Tag team turmoil match..it'll end up crap like all the other ones have. Champs to retain

Only 6 matches announced so far..if Christian doesn't get a match, it's a travesty. I'd love to see him vs Hurricane in a decent length match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Fozzy wrote:
    Tag team turmoil match..it'll end up crap like all the other ones have. Champs to retain

Tag team turmoil match?
    Who is in that?
    Obviously Regal and Tajiri but who else
    Fozzy wrote:
    HBK and Hogan to win, has to be them really. As a sidenote, I'd love to see Daivari do his finisher in WWE sometime http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.co...ndaivari/02.jpg

That looks like a sweet finisher. I'd love to see that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭curious_george

I'm probably being really ignorant here, but does anyone know where Randy Orton is (injured perhaps?), I love that guy, his confiedence is overwhelming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

It's The Heart Throbs vs. La Resistance vs. The Hurricane & Rosey vs. Simon Dean & Maven vs. William Regal & Tajiri. Wouldn't be surprised to see those new guys win. They're practically the same as MNM though..

Orton has a shoulder injury, they showed the surgery last week on Raw. I think he's out for around 3 months, not sure though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Is anybody actually goining to watch this?
    I'm might stay up till one, watch the first half hour, if they don't book CLB in a match then its off to bed. This is one of the poorest cards in a while.

• Advertisement

Ok this actually was a lot better than I thought it would be, mainly due to the last man standing match
    which edge won, but as usual it was benoit who really deserves all the credit, once again an excellent performance

Jericho/Benjamin was an awsome opener, some amazing spots that had the crowd red-hot,
    and after seeing Jericho's frustration at his loss it looks like he's is off to Smackdown, thank god, he really needs it.

Hogan & HBK/Hassan & Davari was what I expected, gud bit of fun with some classic Hogan thrown in, no real wrestling but fun all the same.

Tag Team Turmoil was pretty much saved from being crap due to
    the Hurricane and Rosey getting the win, I'm guessing these guys are getting a derserved push, should make for some more funny promos and good matches from Helms

Main event has just further outlined how crap of a wrestler Batista is, I can't believe his arsenal is so limted; Irish whip to the ropes leading into some variation of a body slam, and his shaking the ropes Warrior style is bordering on embarassing,
    he gets the win however, but the clock is running on his regin, HHH has to get this back before fans turn on big dave
    Christian's promo was great before the main event, it basically confirmed his departure to Smackdown, can't wait to see this guy in June :D

I agree with what was said in the above post. Jericho/Benjamin was simply outstanding and Benjamin impresses with every match. There was some great spots in this match which I won't spoil at this point. However, did anyone notice the poor quality sound in the first few minutes of this match? I don't know if it was Sky's fault or the WWE but the annoying sound remained for about 7 minutes.

Tag team turmoil was OK.

Edge/Benoit was great and Benoit put on another great performance. How great was the crowd? Plenty of "You screwed Matt chants" and "We want Matt" and it was funny when they went outside the ring and one guy kept shouting "How could you cheat on your wife?"

Kane/Viscera was alright. I enjoyed the brief "Lita sucks" chant though it was not very loud.

Hogan's match was OK. Pretty much what you'd expect from it really.

Triple H/Batista was diabolical I thought. Batista is just not main event material. The crowd booed him in various places and his Warrior-like shaking of the ropes is just stupid. Triple H carried him right the way through. The WWE will be worried about how quickly the fans are turning on him. Why exactly are we supposed to cheer him?

Overall, a good event and a great crowd.

That was the worst PPV since Taboo Tuesday. Absolute dross.

That said, I felt that Jericho Vs Benjamin will be a contender for match of the year. Both men are amazing athletes, and this was a clinic in high flying, mat wrestling, and brawling. Pity it didnt last another 2 hours, it would have saved this ppv.

Last Man Standing was good, but I hate Edge so much. Benoit carried him completely, taking a few nice spots. Benoit is an MVP for the wwe at the moment, and by God if anyone deserves another title run, its him.

Then there was the rest. Man it was hard to watch. A diva segment at a PPV? WTF??? Chris Masters, yawnarama. These segments are crap on Raw, so why put them on a pay per view?

I Liked Christians promo. It seems his push has begun. Hers hoping he can handle it.

The only bit which made me grin for the rest of the ppv was the sign in the crowd - "Lita is a WWE Trick Of The Trade".

I suppose the pop Hogan got was good as well.

The main event was rubbish. Jesus it was piss poor. Neither of those two are main event caliber, when you look at some of the others ie Benjamin/Benoit/Y2J/Christian/HBK, even Hassan God Dam It.

Overall, this ppv is a 4/10, and thats based of 2 matches.

Nice pizza as well ;)

That was a pretty damn poor show yet again. The only thing that saved the night was when Hassan and Daviri were getting the old USA chant, some guy in the crowd had a sign saying "But they're FROM America". Absolute classic.

^^^ Similarly when La Resistance were in the ring with Tajiri and Regal, the crowd were chanting "USA".

Did they not realise???? :p

That just says it all doesn't it? :D

I would say the show wasn't helped by the main event which many of us felt would be too predictable but I think the Benjamin/Y2J match as well as the Edge/Benoit match gave the PPV respectability. Compare it to the Smackdown PPV No Way Out and there's no contest as Backlash was alot better. The Masterlock challenge was pointless uness they were going to bring someone out to challenge him.

I feel that Backlash was the worst PPV in a long time, including NWO in feb. I thought that PPV was one of SmackDowns better efforts in quite sometime, with Angle Vs Cena, The Cage match, while technically sh*te, was quite entertaining.

gimmick wrote:
    I feel that Backlash was the worst PPV in a long time, including NWO in feb. I thought that PPV was one of SmackDowns better efforts in quite sometime, with Angle Vs Cena, The Cage match, while technically sh*te, was quite entertaining.

Good for a Smackdown effort but still below-par in my view. What more could you ask for from Backlash? The opener was superb and lived up to the high hopes many of us had for it. Benoit's match was great and Edge got plenty of stick. Lita likewise got alot of heat and Viscera was entertaining in a way. The tag match was not that bad. The Hogan match was as I expected it to be. My gripes would be the pointless Chris Masters bit and the main event which was rubbish and which showed Batista's limitations. Look at it this way, we didn't have to pay for it like the Yanks did so I don't think we should be too harsh. I had not got high hopes for the event but certain matches really impressed me and left me pleased with the show. I'd give it a 7/10.

• Advertisement

I dont watch PPVs for Lita to get stick (though I hear she gets loads of it and loves it :o ), nor to see Viscera, nor to see Diva segemnts, not to see Chris Masters challenge (fine if someone realistic would rise to it, otherwise, feck off).

Im not disagreeing about the IC match, nor the LMS match, but the rest of the card lacked....everything. The Hogan part was entertaining from a nostalgic point of view, and also to see how thick ignorant the yanks are. To see a main event as poor as that is annoying. In short, the last 1hr30mins last night was a waste of beer.

gimmick wrote:
    To see a main event as poor as that is annoying. In short, the last 1hr30mins last night was a waste of beer.

I agree with you on that. I had to laugh as we got down to the last match and JR said we had been waiting for this match all night. Yeah right. I wonder how they will set up the next match which we're told will be HITC?

They messd up big time by having Y2J and Benjamin open the curtains. After that the only real time i perked up was for some of the LMS and Christians promo (and the pizza guys arrival! :D ). I cant remember a ppv this pointless with such little development in years. I might be complainin but i still love WWE and watching it but it just frustrates when we know its capable of so much more!

I think the WWE are holding out till the Draft, then we should hopefully see things really heating up. If the changes we wanna see do happen (and some look a sure bet at this stage) things will get a lot more entertaining imo. Then again, they could make a complete cock-up of it, but I don't think so.

I think the WWE are holding out till the Draft, then we should hopefully see things really heating up. If the changes we wanna see do happen (and some look a sure bet at this stage) things will get a lot more entertaining imo. Then again, they could make a complete cock-up of it, but I don't think so.

I thought with last years draft it was almost like it was a real lottery rather than being "scripted" OOOH NO NIDIA IS GONE TO SMACKDOWN!!............ NIDI-WHO??

Advertisement