Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Final Fantasy game?

Options
  • 28-04-2005 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭

I'm continiuing the previous thread on the best FF game here and am adding a pole as well. Previous thread is here.

What do you think is the best FF game in your opinion? 52 votes

Final Fantasy Origins
    0% 0 votes
    Final Fantasy 4
    3% 2 votes
    Final Fantasy 5
    1% 1 vote
    Final Fantasy 6
    0% 0 votes
    Final Fantasy 7
    7% 4 votes
    Final Fantasy 8
    63% 33 votes
    Final Fantasy 9
    7% 4 votes
    Final Fantasy 10
    5% 3 votes
    Final Fantasy 10-2
    9% 5 votes
    Final Fantasy 11
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

VII is going to be the clear winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

AlcoholicA wrote:
    VII is going to be the clear winner.

You think??? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Probably would but we might get a general idea of what the best games are in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

I thought it was against the rules to put a thread like this up. Oh wait, it not breaking the rules as along as we dont fight about which game is the best ;)

I'll vote VII

As Long as it doesn't turn into a flame war It's OK with me. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

VII will be an out and out winner. colsely followed by V i hope. although ive never played VI. IX was a bit of a non-event, wasnt it? and contrary to popular opinion, i think VIII was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Thordon

VII is a classic, excellent game, loved it.

But X is just beautiful, in many ways better than VII, but I think people feel dirty not voting for VII :).

I voted X.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

7'll take it, but i voted 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

i voted vii after a tough mental fight between vi and vii
    i'm playing vi again now, forgot loads of it, absolutely legend.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I voted for FFVII since it is such a magical game and still great to play now. FFVII will walk away with this poll but FFVI and FFX should do quite well. Anyone who votes otherwise is wrong :)

Edit: Where is the PS version of FF tactics. It's as good as if not better than FFVI and FFX.

• Advertisement

retr0 was the ps tactics different from tactics advance?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yes very different. The PS tactics had an excellent story, a far better battle system, was one of the most challenging games I've ever played and had a wonderful soundtrack by Hitoshi Sakimoto. They are very different games and the PS tactics is a far superior game. I thought the GBA version was soulless and repetitive.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I thought the GBA version was soulless and repetitive.

yes i thought that too, never got a chance to play the ps version. i'll have to find it, cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Stiny!

I voted for VII but I can't see why X is more popular than VIII. I thought VIII was much better. Then again, maybe I don't like X because I could never beat sin before he used his giga-graviton.... If anyone has any tips for that besides using quick hit all the time it would be appreciated, btw. :)

You might find it on the internet.

Stiny! wrote:
    I voted for VII but I can't see why X is more popular than VIII. I thought VIII was much better. Then again, maybe I don't like X because I could never beat sin before he used his giga-graviton.... If anyone has any tips for that besides using quick hit all the time it would be appreciated, btw. :)

take time out (before sin) to level up and you shouldn't have a problem, and hastega helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Q_Elexra

Stiny! wrote:

I got X when it came out and got that far in a few weeks. I didn't actually defeat that Sin until the week X-2 was released. :D

I'm not really sure which of the games I liked most so I voted for the first one that came to mind IX.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Engel

I voted ff8!! And to beat sin, not only should you have your charters level breaks up but also your aeons. Bring them out straight away then sin becomes a giant punching bag!! And holy works well for knocking out those spining things beside him. And I have a question, I herad, ages ago, that slipknot did a song for ffx,just wondering is this true? And if yes, where in the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Ninja Turtle

I voted VI, just to give it some credibility. I knew FFVII would walk away with it, but to give VI only three votes? Tradegy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Engel wrote:
    I voted ff8!! And to beat sin, not only should you have your charters level breaks up but also your aeons. Bring them out straight away then sin becomes a giant punching bag!! And holy works well for knocking out those spining things beside him. And I have a question, I herad, ages ago, that slipknot did a song for ffx,just wondering is this true? And if yes, where in the game?

I don't think slipknot did a song, you're probably thinking of 'otherworld', which is quite a heavy song. It comes up a couple of times in the game, once near the start and then during one of the final battles.
    And yeah if you use anima or the magus sisters sin is a bit of a walkover. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Q_Elexra

ghostchant wrote:
    I don't think slipknot did a song, you're probably thinking of 'otherworld', which is quite a heavy song. It comes up a couple of times in the game, once near the start and then during one of the final battles.
    And yeah if you use anima or the magus sisters sin is a bit of a walkover. :)

I had neither of those. I can't actually remember how I beat him. With Bahamut probably. :confused:

I didn't think any of the songs sounded like them, but alot of my friends told me that slipknot did a song, I kinda find it had to belive, but thanks. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Stiny!

I hadn't heard it was slipknot but I did hear that it was Rammstein. I tend to believe it was Rammstein because it sounds a bit more like them.
    As for my problem with sin, I have all of my character's levels pretty high and I always use hastega but still the lowest I've gotten his HP is about 17,000. That was after using Bahamut's overdrive twice. I don't really have time to use any other summons after that cos Bahamut is pretty slow. I don't have anima or the magus sisters..... yet.....

The lyrics for the song are credited as Bill Muir who is the frontman for xtillidiex

Yay I got me an answer. Nah It wasn't Rammstein, I'm a hugh fan I would of known. but thank you Rhyme, I finally got me an answer!! Thanks :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

I voted for X . Now I know most of you now are going to write 20 line long complaints but alot of you would be lying to yourself if you did.

The visual engine of the ps2 makes it absolutly stunning at times and to have the characters actually talk , well. You may say the story line is terrible but I think it is enhanced beyond that of the previous games because it is realisticly acted out with wonderful backdrops.

Heres a simple way of putting it - which would/did you enjoy more the lord of the rings books or the films.

As for the other world song , I tried to download that a few years and got a terrible quality thing , anyone know where to get a decent version of it?

About X the storyline of the game is nothing , you cant even die in the very last battle . But then there are the bosses after such as the dark summons then you gotta catch all the monsters which get combined to make things millions of times stronger than sin then there is some huge boss after that which , by all our opinions is literally impossible.

Well while most people can't deny VII was the best even I'd admit X was the second best game in the series (as for X-2 - Why, WHY did they make this monstrosity!).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

iX was better than X like!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

i thought ix was brilliant, a good bit better than x although a few people here will probably disagree....

x was a good game but it just had a good few bits that i wasnt happy with

• Advertisement

iX was better than X like!
    grimloch wrote:
    i thought ix was brilliant, a good bit better than x although a few people here will probably disagree....
    Thank you both of you, 9 was a great game and thoroughly underestimated in the grand scheme of things. The humour was there to laugh at and the visuals and story (
    bar Necron
    ) was very good... me like.

Advertisement