Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oops OVER-download

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Just talking to eircom broadband billing dept and their stats system is down for the past week and today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Ah they probably won't charge you, since the stats thing is down or has been down recently.

On another note, I was in the states for feb/March and I downed 300gb per month on 5.5mbit cable. nothing said to me. I also uploaded similar amounts. Again, I was not charged extra or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

I doubt much will come of it unless it continues for 2/3months.
    Damn Trojan :mad: Grrr (heehee)

I really dnt know how I dled that much, it was 30gb one day and then 4/5days later I'm up to this :S

lol And I dont plan on ringing them asking about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

worst plan ever.. :P

although tbh if they didnt say anything when you went over 80gb's you might just get away with it. .

That was when I was at a lan and was copying over about 60/70Gb to a mate... so I didnt go near my cap then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

gurramok wrote:
    Do NS have a stats page that can be checked ?
    I've been on NS for last2 yrs and never heard nor seen one on their web, i have to use dumeter to track what i get.
    My router monitors my bandwidth usage :)

Netsource don't have a stats page from what I know...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭shltter

what is a good bit torrent site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Tell me you did not just ask that question here?

The answer is of course, the legal ones ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

shltter wrote:
    what is a good bit torrent site

http://www.legaltorrents.com/index.htm

enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭julius

Right,

Eircom customers are getting away with a lot of downloading....so....whats the most a BT customer has managed???

Im going to hit 25GBytes tomorrow....but after seeing some of the madness going on here....it dosent bother me as much as it did a couple of days ago.

Also, how are Netsource customers going to keep track of their downloading if they are new to computers without a stats page like BT/Eircom???

Advertisement