Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Setting up a team

• 28-04-2005 1:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

As the title says, myself and a few lads are setting up a team to enter in the Leinster senior league. I'm basically after a bit of advice from anyone who's done the same. Mainly re funding, sponsorship, registration and insurance. Anyone know how much it cost to register a team and for insurance? Any advice is welcome. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

my adivce would be this, dont enter the Leinster Senior League. It takes a bit of experience and a lot of commitment in terms of training and travel to compete at all.

Id advise you to enter the Leinster Football League or maybe the UCL, which isnt as good as the LFL.

YOu wont be expected to be as commited training wise, the travel costs are much less and also, the entrance fees etc. are lower.

On top of that, the standard in the Leinster Senior is quite high and youd need to be doing a very good pre season and three nights a week in the season to compete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Have you a manager?

The single hardest thing is getting lads to stay committed, especially those that aren't getting a game every week.

Approch local businesses about sponsorship.

Talk to the local council about a playing pitch.

You will need public laibility insurance, and I don't know if the LSL requires player insurance also.

Think about starting at a lower level, as already stated.

My brother and his friends started a team, and entered the Amatuer League this season, they have held their own so far.

And remember, you are only starting out, don't expect miracles in the first season, you will lose more games than you win.

I set up a team in the LFL with a few lads a few years back. Ive stopped playing no because they werent that commited anymore but the team is still together.

Check their website out. www.cabracelticfc.fanspace.com

they pay i think its 400 euro a season, to enter the team.

its quite well run and you can get a pitch in the fifteen acres as part of your entrance to the league for about 100 - 150 a season. this includes dressing rooms which have showers, so all in all its the best way to go when starting.

a few clubs moved to the LSL from that league but all came back because the whole thing is much more different. if you want a team with your mates for a game of ball on a sunday and a bit of craic, the LFL is the best to go for. UCL and AUL arent good enough really, lots of mickey mouse teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I may as well plug my brothers team website too then.

Perhaps you could contact them to get some advice.

www.beechlawnrovers.com

• Advertisement

ive played against Frankfort from their league, they are a good side. Have a player in midfield who was in England at one stage, or at least did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Players being commited isnt really a problem, most of them are coming from other clubs, so the standard is decent enough aswell. Cheers for the advice lads, keep it coming if theres anymore.

Advertisement