Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB and upload to Eircom webspace

• 28-04-2005 9:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Just a quick query. Excuse my lack of knowledge! Is there a reason why I'm blocked/prevented by IBB from uploading anything to some personal webspace I've got with Eircom through their upload page @ http://upload.eircom.net/

Is there a workaround?

thanks a lot.
    C.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

yah there is, but its not IBB, eircom only allow their IP ranges to access their FTP for webspace, and it used to be the same with the Eircom Stats pages.

I can only assume its the same for that above, cause i cant access it here from motorola either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

ah right that would make sense. thanks for replying JNive. looks like I'll have to do it from the folks place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

As JNive said it's Eircom. I've got some pages with Eircom, and I could not upload through my NTL connection at home or at work here, even using Cute FTP. I called ComReg and they said Eircom were entitled to restrict access.

When you try and do it, you will notice the error message says that access is restricted to "Irish networks". I spoke to Eircom tech support, and asked him why I couldnt access it, when I was coming from an Irish ISP, it just happened not to be Eircom, he mumbled something and tried to confuse the issue. When I pressed him, he went and checked, and then told me I could only access from an Eircom IP address. I asked him should the error page not say that - instead of making it look like it was being a good ol' keep it Irish company, as opposed to keep it Eircom, and he just didnt say anything. Not his fault really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

The first thing they would say is that its to prevent 'abuse' of the FTP'ing by not allowing it to be used for file distribution etc, and to their own ips, probably cause 'they dont know' other irish isp's ip ranges lol,

Is that a cow nearby lol, watch where you step.

Come on, its Eircom lol, same thing with Smart's IPs not being able to access the eircom mail relay lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭puma5k

This is also true for your @eircom.net email. I recently got connected to IBB and I could not connect to the mail1.eircom.net server as this is also restricted to there IP range but for better reasons to prevent spam. I had to change my SMTP to smtp1.irishbroadband.ie for outgoing mail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

The UTV webspace is the same.
    You can only upload to it from a UTV connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

just on another point, does anyone know if IBB have plans to grant webspace to their customers a la Errorcom?

Advertisement