Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Driver Problem

• 28-04-2005 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Right, I'm moderately technically literate, so in my gaff I'm the go-to guy if anything technical is up. My friend got a laptop off a vendor down the country who assembles them. He wanted wireless to access the wireless network in our gaff, but three weeks later we discovered there was now wireless card IN the damn thing!

Next, he got the card in fair enough but didn't bother putting in a driver for it. He told my friend that it was an Intel Pro 2200 Wireless Card. For about a week I tried to get it working - couldn't figure it out - until I finally got it working with a driver for an Intel 2100 Card! :eek: That, I thought, is the end of my computing headaches.

Not so fast. He has Trend Micro installed on his computer. Last week, Trend released a dodgy update that completely ****ed up his computer - I had to start it in safe mode to get it going at all! I did a System Rollback to the nearest save point - but it was BEFORE I installed the wireless driver. Back to square one, I thought but hey, at least now I know which driver to install. Not so much. I've downloaded the driver off two seperate websites (the Intel one and a thirdparty) and for the life of me I can't get the thing working. And no, there's no external switch on the wireless card.

Anyone got any ideas? I hate to admit defeat, but I'm nearly there...

"Help me, Sup - erm, Boards.ie - you're our only hope!"

Advertisement