Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Linksys WRT54G Dropping Connection

• 28-04-2005 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

This happening to anyone else? Mine drops the connection at least once or twice a day, and I have to reset either the modem and router or the computer. It's a pain in the arse! I downloaded the latest firmware from the website on Monday as well. I dunno :confused: I'm on IBB Breeze if it's any help...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Ive mine for the last 6 months and think Ive only had a max of 2 dropped connections and I cant even be sure that that wasnt my wireless key those times. On NTL BB. Havent changed the firmware although the linksys forums recommend it. why fix it if it aint broken I say? Anyway, have you tried the linksys forum or the help site at linksys. I had a question for them when I initally got the router and found them to be quite good.
    Heres the support page KB
    http://linksys.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/linksys.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?p_sid=aF7Dq4Eh

Heres the main linksys forum
    http://www.linksysinfo.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=index

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Druid

Yeah Ive had similar experiences - computers would reaquire IP's from dchp every couple of hours (aprox twice a day). Ive tried a number of different things but Im not sure if they have fully fixed the problem.

Anyway what I did:
    • Reset factory defaults.
    • Updated to the latest Seasoft good site for firmware. You should see what version of the box you have I have V2.2
    • Again reset to factory defaults.
    • I have increase dchp lease to 9999 mins. If this fails I will configure static IPs
    • Some others have said that QoS might help - I dont really want to configure this so this will be a last resort.

The dchp lease seems to be solution for me. It seems the box has just rebooted there while typing this message. I didnt get disconnected box appear on this pc. I might try another firmware see if this solves the problem.

BTW: Im on breeze also - not sure if this is a problem associated with IBB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,950 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I hada Linksys WAG54G All-in-one box that was forever dropping connectivity no matter what firmware I tried or how many resets I did.

Eventually got so sick of it, and having read forums where many others were having problems wit them, that I bought an SMC 7804WBRA Barricade and haven't had one dropped connection or problem since.
    Plus, the wireless signal is much stronger on the Barricade and the browser-based configuration options are much better too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

http://www.linksysinfo.org/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=52
    "For people that get frequent diconnects in Windows XP when connecting to a WT54G or WRT54GS, there is a possible solution. Try setting the "Beacon Interval:" to 50. This setting can be found in the 'Wireless >> Advanced Wireless Settings" tab in the Router Web Admin Page."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

use netstumbler to check the connection to see if its dropping and then change the channel and see if it helps, personally i'm having no problems with the latest linksys firmware - which made a different at start as the original firmware with it was weak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭padlad

I have had the same problem. I'm here looking at my Linksys WRT54G which is turned off as I've got fed up having to reset it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Druid

Ok been uptime of 2 days now.

I have switched over to HyperWRT firmware (the beta one). I think I still get the odd disconnection but not as frequent as it was.

also note: this

- Dru

Advertisement